The Queens Diamond Jubilee Celebrations Today

Bazj

Seems there were over 1.5 million people in London today to watch the flotilla of ships in the pageant plus all those who watched it at home....

Apparently there were also nearly 100 republican demonstrators there too....

I think Nick and Kije will have a long long long wait for their dream to become a reality!! :D :grin:

• Upvote 2

Seems there were over 1.5 million people in London today to watch the flotilla of ships in the pageant plus all those who watched it at home....

Apparently there were also nearly 100 republican demonstrators there too....

I think Nick and Kije will have a long long long wait for their dream to become a reality!! :D :grin:

Every great change has started with only minority support, and I acknowledge that it is not easy getting the message across, having a biased media, including Betty's Brown-nosing Corporation, doesn't help.

However, Baz, you should not confuse attendance at a public spectacle and viewing on TV that same event, which monopolised two main channels plus the BBC news channel with genuine hardcore feudalist beliefs. I am sure the majority of people who attend 5th November fireworks do not do so with catholic plots in mind.

Considering the recent poll that showed only a minority in support of Charles becoming head of state next that support may be even weaker than believed.

(I genuinely hope that the weather is better today and doesn't spoli any street parties.)

I watched on the telly, it was a terrific British event. I did get a bit confused with the order of the boats as the cameras moved about to different sections so much but it was still very enjoyable and I watched it for far too long! They showed the protesters for a few seconds but they just looked very wet and miserable.

Wonderful -God save the Queen. BUT I heard them play Land of hope and glory and I got a shiver in the spine and my feet started tapping. They played GSTQ and there was nothing like the response.

shame that, cos we can't really change the national anthem.

Still, a great day for royalty and for the country as a whole.

Happy days

Old age is opportunity in different clothing

Wonderful -God save the Queen. BUT I heard them play Land of hope and glory and I got a shiver in the spine and my feet started tapping. They played GSTQ and there was nothing like the response.

shame that, cos we can't really change the national anthem.

We should, one that it is about the nation, not an individual - my vote, as I've said before on here, is for I vow to thee My Country

Weather apart excellent display of river/sea craft, and as usual the Queen and Phil stood up to the occasion brilliantly, the furnishing of the Royal Barge was magnificent, however and I mean a BIG however, the hull looks as if it had been from one of Harker's old tubs, and for you that don't remember them, they were old oil bunkering barges that sailed up and down the Ship canal, it's a poor show when the country couldn't afford a decent second hand hull with a bit more style, I dread to think what Phil said when he saw it. :roll:

I watched on the telly, it was a terrific British event. I did get a bit confused with the order of the boats as the cameras moved about to different sections so much but it was still very enjoyable and I watched it for far too long! They showed the protesters for a few seconds but they just looked very wet and miserable.

It was a terrific British event, it is just pathetic that the BBC's presenters and reporters didn't appreciate the fact. I didn't realise there were so many irritating people employed by the BBC until I saw them all in the same programme. Self promoting gobbins and endless 'celeb's is not what people tune in to watch.

Every time something significant was going to happen the director decided that mindless wittering was better. When the Queen was passing under Tower Bridge we had Tess bloody Daly in a silly hat.

Cracking gig tonight on BBC1 outside the Palace.

Don't know why Grace Jones and Annie Lennox were on, they were rubbish.

Amazed that Tom Jones still has a strong voice as has Stevie Wonder. A great night's entertainment.

10/10 for Stevie Wonder. McArtnney was a bit of a feeble act to finish on. he looks more like Ken Dodd every time I see him !!

I had every intention of watching the concert tonight until we had a sort of impromptue 'street party' in the backs at 5pm and we've only just got back in :lol::oops:

Aargh I missed my sister singing in the queens concert though :shock: .... (that's if she managed to sing with her heart throb Gary Barlow on the same stage as her) :lol::wink:

Well done little sis and don't worry I recorded it :D

We had 'a bit of a do' at our sons. he put a big screen TV in the garden and we all sat round having a few drinks and eats and watched the concert, for me the star of the show was the 'warbling welshman' Jonesy, he's still got a good strong voice, very disappointed with Annie Lennox, I'm afraid she has lost it. Over all not a bad show, pity about Phil being hospitalised I don't think standing for eight hours in the cold and damp the previous day did him any good.

Fraid I'm late on parade this morning, got a 'muzzy' head, ah' well it's of my own doing I suppose and won't get any symphony from mrs algy!. :rolleyes::huh:

The terrible, Baz it have your heads off :lol: :lol: :lol::wink:

Kije.... I think you need to sober up before posting...... doing it without drink is bad enough, but when you've had a few; I find you very difficult to understand!! :D

I watched it on Sky......

Nick, you are a traitor to the country and desreve to be shot at dawn.

Oh dear that old b******* :rolleyes:

Not a traitor to my country - just want it to have an elected head of state.

Partriot and monarchist are two seperate things, get yourself a dictionary.

So instead of the Queen, I imagine you mean the only other alternative in our constitution, the Prime Minister?

Oh dear, in the past 60 years I think the Queen has done more for our country as well as the commonwealth and has outshone any of the elected Prime Ministers both at home and abroad. I suspect, as an intelligent and knowledgable lady, she would have done a far better job of running the country without any of the 'elected heads of state' you would prefer. She has always put our country and its people first, before self, something lamentably lacking in all the other elected leaders of our country.

I vote for the Queen to run the country.

• Upvote 1

I vote for the Queen to run the country.

Nothing to stop Betty standing in a vote for head of state.

..amd what a fine successor her son will make :rolleyes: as her successor as head of state ( and not to mention head of the Church of England - an adulterer who fantasised about being his mistress's tampon :oops: )

Him and his current missus - walking posters for republicanism

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You say she has "Put our country and its people first, before self" - that self has been kept in the lap of luxury by the country and its people - with a guarantee of that lifestyle for life - some self-sacrifice. (Perhaps you are confusing self-sacrifice with sacrificing her sister's happiness when she wanted to marry someone the establishment disapproved of)

What are these privations she has had to endure?

60 years with any glimpse into the reality, including the financial realities, carefully stage-managed with the eager co-operation of the brown-nosing media. As so well demonstrated by the nauseating, fawning coverage, on both the BBC (so much for impartial news coverage) and other channels, of the interminable Jubilee.