Olympic torch

wolfie

Have you gt a light boy? Have you got a light?

I sometimes wonder why on earth I bother :roll::roll:

PS It's 'Hev you got a loight boy' and the song's just a annoying as you typing the words here :P

PPS Has the Olympic Torch Relay been through Egypt yet and did you see it :wink:

Someone carrying a torch through the streets and it's wall to wall on TV - what's going on at all?! :roll:

What's going on Obs is that .......it's all to do with the London 2012 Olympic Games and the Olympic Torch is now doing a relay across the UK where it is being carried by members of the public and some celebs.

Sort of self explanatory really and I'm shocked that a man of your vast intelligence and knowlege had to ask B)

What's going on Obs is that .......it's all to do with the London 2012 Olympic Games and the Olympic Torch is now doing a relay across the UK where it is being carried by members of the public and some celebs.

Sort of self explanatory really and I'm shocked that a man of your vast intelligence and knowlege had to ask B)

Dizz, obs didn't need to ask, obs knows everything, anyway he's bitter and twisted because he wasn't chosen to carry it. :wink::D :grin:

Dizz, obs didn't need to ask, obs knows everything, anyway he's bitter and twisted because he wasn't chosen to carry it. :wink::D :grin:

Awww that's not nice Algy :lol::lol::wink:

Shame though as I would have liked to have seen Obs carrying the torch so I could have included a picture of him in our gallery being pelted with eggs by Lt K and his other forum supporters (I didn't say Cleo as she wouldn't be able to throw eggs that far) :lol:

Only kidding Obs as I do rather like you and of course I always take what grumpy oldies say with a pinch of salt when they appear to hate the world and people enjoying themselves as it usually just means they themselves are lonely, feel somewhat excluded and have nothing else to do other than moan. Bless you x :wink::P

'Small minds' grow with experience and also with the enjoyment of being involved in such local 'trivia' though Obs :wink::P

Try it one day, you never know you may even enjoy it too :wink:

He's not a bad old codger really, and you no what Dizz, I bet after all that banter obs and Lt go down the local and have a couple of pints together. :wink::D :grin:

Yer probably right Algy as they do seem to go together rather well, opposites atract and all that eh ? :D

Anyway... I guess I might aswell delete my temporary link to our Olympic torch relay photo's in a sec as seems no-one is the slightest bit interested in seeing them anyway :lol:

So.... how about Jubilee Party Celebrations then .... is that more exciting than the Olympic Torch coming to Warrington as I'll take some Jubilee ones over the weekend as there's loads of things going on around here apparently :lol:

Do you think Warrington may have had 'too much at once and too soon'... ie the Queen's visit, the olympic torch relay, and now a town full of jubilee celebrations and events and it's all too much for us :lol:

Night all and enjoy the long weekend :blink::lol:

It's not nice you know, you all picking on observer just because he is an authority on everything! :unsure:

I had a look at your pics Dizzy. Nice collection of vehicle photos and one or two of that funny looking torch thing. :huh:

Have you got a light boy? Have you got a light? :lol:

Were you in any of them Dizzier? :mellow:

Great pics, Dizz, I must say I'm not impressed with the uniform that the torch bearers are wearing they look as if the have just escaped from the General Hospital, surely they could have supplied them with a more stylish tracksuit. Not sure our good Queen will be impressed with the caricatures on castors of her being wheeled around the town though. :wink::D :grin:

Is that an AC Cobra in your bros. garage?. :unsure:

I haven't a clue regarding the gas explosion in Green street, judging by the helmet and uniform 1920's/30's, I'm pretty certain it was not bomb damage as to my knowledge that area never received any hits during the war.:unsure:

had a look at the pictures and also watched the news coverage at one o clock. Pictures were good, certainly better than the tv coverage. five minutes of the torch at Jodrell bank, ten minutes of interviews of the mayor of Bolton and emir khan and a three second "live" clip of the torch going down "Warwick road in Warrington", no mention of the celebrations in the town just a quick clip and the newsreader getting the name of the road totally wrong and then back top the Bolton coverage.

had to chuckle at the picturessof the giant queens though, reminded me of "it's a knockout " all that was missing was Stuart Hall laughing hysterically in the background.

oh and one thing I could not resist this fine grey morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtS61PESUWY

hav you got loight boy

had to chuckle at the picturess of the giant queens though, reminded me of "it's a knockout " all that was missing was Stuart Hall laughing hysterically in the background.

:lol::lol: Now you mention it ....... :lol::wink:

Is it just me or does one of the 'Giant Queens' look remarkably like Fatima Whitbread :unsure::lol:

PS Algy.... yes it is an AC Cobra :wink:

:lol::lol: Now you mention it ....... :lol::wink:

Is it just me or does one of the 'Giant Queens' look remarkably like Fatima Whitbread :unsure::lol:

I agree Diz, and could you give Cleo a box of matches as it wasn't funny the first time she asked for a light. :roll: :roll:

• Upvote 1

must be just you Dizzy because the things called the queens are a definate shade of pink and Fatima is brown. :wink:

Maybe you should look again and/or change your screen resolution and colours Cleo as one is definately a dark shade of brown :P

PS.... and no I still haven't got a light Cleo.

PPS... Wolfie .... with the price of stamps and postage these days perhaps you can send Cleo some matches yourself or club together as although I do try to accomodate all requests for help on here, when it comes to personal expenses which can't be recouped, I do sometimes have to draw a line :lol::wink:

Night all :lol:

Oh heck! Algy me auld chuckle bum, I often sing that one when I want to annoy somebody untill they say something like - "Ok! Ok! You win! Now shut the **** up! Then we usually fall about laughing.

Only they say it in arabic thus - طيب! طيب! تكسب! أغلقت الآن **** حتى!

:lol::lol::lol: