Cost of clean energy?

Not at all Asp, I am saying he has an interst. and a bit like MPs do in the house of commons their interests should be known, the same should go for scientists that agree with global warning, for they to might have an interests in a company that profits in anti pollution tech, I would rather get my info from someone that has no axe to grind. As you would also.

That is the problem with your side of the debate, most of the science comes from companies with much to loose, It would be better to look at the interests of the people who's books you read, it might tell you a lot about why they are writing it.

Don't people normally write books or articles of which they have some knowledge and experience?

Obviously Lt Kije, the interests of the people you disagree with are well known (otherwise you wouldn't know them :roll: :roll: ). And the interests of the people you do agree with (the warmist creed) are equally well known because they are being paid to promote the idea that man is causing the climate to change (even though it is obvious to anyone with the ability to read that climate has always been changing). But you are unwilling to read what James Delingpole has to say because you disagree with his whole world view (he is a libertarian). Fine, you believe what you want, but it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than mine just because you make ad hominem attacks on the people who share my opinion.

What have the warmists as you call them have to gain, unless they have a business interst, which most don't. so no axe to grind :wink:

That is what makes your side weak, they will continue to muddy the water, until it is to late to do anything and they have their money :wink:

What have the warmists as you call them have to gain, unless they have a business interst, which most don't. so no axe to grind :wink:

That is what makes your side weak, they will continue to muddy the water, until it is to late to do anything and they have their money :wink:

What they have to gain is to keep their very lucrative research grants (which the evil oil companies give out as well as governments). They aren't about to admit there is no problem and kill the goose that lays the golden egg are they? A lot of the scientists pointing out the flaws in the AGW argument are retired and have no axe to grind as they aren't being paid anything by anybody. The only losers here are the common or garden taxpayers who are being fleeced left right and centre to keep certain people in a very comfortable life style.

Research grants are just that, for research, no more no less, and as you said oil companies pay for alot of them, funny the one they pay for tend to agree with the oil companies.

The best research tends to come from people with no axe to grind, which tend to agree with my position :wink:

The best research tends to come from people with no axe to grind, which tend to agree with my position :wink:

And you have proof of this statement of course? I thought not. Another sweeping Lt Kije statement with no basis in reality.

These so called climate scientists are using the results of flawed computer models, which do not reflect reality, to justify the receipt of the research grants. Even when they are proved wrong they just say they need more time (and money) to refine their research. Job for life!! I hear a lot of axes being ground. <_<

Asp, to answer your question Loki where the research comes from and who is paying for it. No axe to grind :wink:

I assume you meant to say "look". I know who is paying for the research - I am along with every other tax payer. Governments are throwing vast sums of money at climate research. Obviously the researchers are not going to cut themselves off from funding by admitting that the problem doesn't exist are they? As I said, jobs for life or so long as they can keep the scam scare going :wink: :wink:

Governments are not going to pay for that long Asp, Just to be sure, are you saying it is a conspiracy by governments to get more cash out od tax payers?

Governments have better things to spend their money on. What have the governments to gain, global warming is likely to cost jobs, as companies that cannot afford to update their equipment will go out of business., that's the last thing governments want, so just what do they gain from your conspiracy?

You're the one that suggested it was a conspiracy. Government has proved time and time again it is more than capable of spending all the money it can squeeze out of the taxpayer. Paying for climate change research is the government's way of "proving it is doing something", and all the research scientists have to do is keep shovelling "evidence" towards the politicians to ensure the revenue stream doesn't dry up. I'm sure you can't be happy watching these no-marks in government wasting your hard earn pay? <_< <_< <_<

If the warmist case is so rock solid why does the opposition of a few (alleged) crackpots (with or without big oil funding) cause such a problem? Surely with all the billions of £/$/€ that are being spent on the AGW propaganda the message would have got through all our thick skulls. Or maybe most of us aren't as gullible as we look. :wink: :wink: :wink:

So the argument for AGW is pitifully weak if all these expert climate scientists can't make a case that is creditable because a few crackpot non believers "muddy the waters". You really belong with the "consensus" Lt Kije, you are obviously very gullible :wink: :wink:

You are the one that keeps suggesting that its a conspiracy by the western governments Kije. I'm just saying that governments will, and do, use any excuse to squeeze money out of us. And Global Boring fits the bill to a tee (along with global terrorism etc) :wink: :wink:

And you haven't explained why the rock solid science (ALL the worlds scientists are in complete agreement apparently) hasn't managed to convince anyone apart from politicians and you. Perhaps if any of the dire consequences that we are supposed to have been suffering for the last 10 years according to these "climate experts" had actually occurred we might actually start paying attention.