Euro Zone?

observer

No the euro zone will not collapse, but the implications would be severe if the Greeks fell out of it. They would still be in the EU so all the EU countries would be liable, and alot of international organisations and private companies. They should never have been let in the euro zone as they are in better for everyone that they stay in.

sack it all and to hell with the consequences..... let's have our country back under our own control

The world will recover.... I mean it can't be any bloody worse than it is at the moment can it!!??

There is absolutely no legal mechanism whereby Greece could withdraw from the Euro and stay in the EU. The only option under the enabling treaties is for Greece to leave the EU completely.

They could, however, remain members of the EEA and thereby retain their single market rights with the EU.

So, the Greeks could tell Merkel to go whistle for her money back and still retain the right to go to Germany and work for Volkswagen or BMW.

I think you are wrong inky, they could stay in the EU, if they come out of the euro

I very much doubt it Kije......

The house of cards is starting to fall :D :grin:

They were even saying today that in order to save money; Greece could keep all of their Euro notes currently in circulation and just stamp "Greece" or whatever across the notes...... that made me chuckle!!

I think you have absolutely no idea haw bad it would be for the UK, if Greese left the euro, As for the EU, it's not in any trouble.

I think you have absolutely no idea haw bad it is for the UK to stay in the EU and continue to give our money away while having to put up with benefit migrants from every former Eastern block country that takes a fancy to us....

The problem is - the degree of exposure to Greek debt. I think UK banks have around £8oomillion direct exposure, and no doubt the IMF and Euro bank will be asking for another whip round. The Germans are owed something like a quarter of their GDP in loans; so they're between a rock and a hard place; if they shut off the tap, they won't get ANY water back at all. :shock: :shock:

The problem is - the degree of exposure to Greek debt. The Germans are owed something like a quarter of their GDP in loans; so they're between a rock and a hard place; if they shut off the tap, they won't get ANY water back at all. :shock: :shock:

Good. I don't remember them paying back all the money which was poured into their rebuilding programme after their last little attempt to dominate Europe.

• Upvote 2

The manufacturing power of the German economy from the 50's right through to the present day is due solely to the money which was poured into the rebuilding programme - while those who actually DEFEATED the Nazis got sweet FA.

Personally, I'd also charge the Germans for the costs of keeping the BAOR there for 40 years - thereby enabling them to have a capitalist society at all!

Inky.... you have to realise that Kije is an apologist and thinks that Great Britain should be beaten into submission because we had the most powerful armies and navies in WW1 and WW2... well in WW1 definately....

He is always doing down our country and would be better off going on a slow boat to China with his other mate Tessla because the pair of them have no pride in being British....

Baz,

The BAOR were not in Germany for the sake of the Germans they were their for the sake of the British, if their had been a limited war, better to fight it in someone else's back yard than are own, Obs obviously new this so avoided the question, It's a shame he forgot to mention it to you :wink: As for inky his grammer school education let him down, or his dislike of the Germans got the better of him. But you can see what the EU are up against by his answer. They are fighting blind ignorance :wink: . Something which is very hard to fight against, probably better to let it die out. :wink: The EU is more popular with the young. Perhaps they are not saddled with the Empire mentality :wink:

Come and speak to my German mate and he will tell you exactly the same as we are telling you Kije..... They hate the EU with a passion because; like us, they are paying for every damned sponging foreigner at the expense of their own people.

Germany is being over run with cheap Eastern European labour.... Poles, Albanians all taking jobs at less than Germans are able to work for... you seem to think that it is just a few Empire minded Britains who dislike the EU.... It is every country which in this age of austerity are having to bail out the feckless countries and those that cannot survive in the Euro zone...I think you need to look at those ideas again