Another Friday night.

Peter T

:shock::shock: Now you mention it I read in the WG yesterday that texts had been sent out kids in high schools etc telling them to avoid the area tonight after police received info about a 'potential disturbance' planned for tonight.

Police were reported as saying that they officers would be "patrolling the area throughout the evening and positive action will be taken against anyone found to be breaking the law or causing a nuisance.”

Are you saying that something did actually happen after all Peter :shock:

no issues on Vicky park just extra police/ PCSO patrols to stop it before it started.

so the Police done a great job, the kids already knew about the so called fights but the parents didn't until the texts went out so it proved to be a good idea, this so called fight always gets mentioned first weekend after the fair and very rarely materialises

Well done Cheshire police

How did the police get all the parents and kids mobile numbers to text them the warnings? Do you have to register with them or something ?

Do/did they send them to college kids and their parents too ?

Sounds a very good idea and glad to hear that nothing happened.

no issues on Vicky park just extra police/ PCSO patrols to stop it before it started.

so the Police done a great job, the kids already knew about the so called fights but the parents didn't until the texts went out so it proved to be a good idea, this so called fight always gets mentioned first weekend after the fair and very rarely materialises

Well done Cheshire police

Thanks for the clarification Kemik. Keep up the good work.

Why did the police close the fair on the Saturday? My Granddaughter was really upset that they shut it down as she had only had a couple of rides.

Sorry Cleo; only just had the chance to get back on here. The parents I know were going with their kids as "fight spectators". Just shows what some people are like. I'm glad it was kept quiet by the police action; we have enough negative comments as it is!

As to the mobile numbers, this has come in since I left teaching, but I believe schools request a contact number in case of any incidents or emergencies during school time. They also use it in the case of an unexpected closure for any reason.

I'm sorry did I just read that right Dave :shock: The PARENTS were going WITH their as spectators ??? :evil::evil:

Pitty these so called ADULTS got the warning texts as they should have been rounded up and locked away as they arrived :evil: