Worst town

wolfie

Cleo.... I have to admit to having no religious beliefs

However, if ever there was a reason to bring in sharia Law in; I would do it now and use it to chop off the hands of whoever has taken that plaque.

I would personally do the chopping and to hell with anaesthetic!!

Cleo.... I have to admit to having no religious beliefs

However, if ever there was a reason to bring in sharia Law in; I would do it now and use it to chop off the hands of whoever has taken that plaque.

I would personally do the chopping and to hell with anaesthetic!!

Mind if I join the queue baz!.

• 3 weeks later...

What I don’t understand is if these CCTV images have been available all along, why did the reports at the time state that nobody knew when the plaque was stolen? The protracted debates about just how this could happen given the amount of cameras in the area and also the uncaring attitude of the public seems to have been a total waste of our time.

Last week, I criticised one local individual for withholding evidence from the police and now a week later I think I have some sympathy with him. If the police want the assistance of the public via the media then they shouldn’t treat people this way. If for legal reasons they can’t tell or show us something, then let them say so rather than misleading us like this.

Bill :)

I guess reports may have stated 'at the time' that they didn't know when the plaque had been stolen as presumably they had not looked through the many many hours of cctv footage from the area fully then Bill.

If the cameras are on 24/7 then that's one heck of a lot of footage to sit and wade through watching out for 'possibles'.

I remember us having cctv up for a weekend here trying to catch the buggers who kept damaging cars. Even on fast forward it took an eternity for us to look through, and pause at, every person passing. OK so CCTV cameras these days can have motion detection so they only record when someone passes but in the case of busy night-time Bridge Street they'd still be on most of the time anyway.

No point in criticising the police as they aren't the ones who stole it.... but they ARE the ones who found it so well done them :D

Those three in the photos don't look 57!! Maybe the bloke arrested is the father of one of them!!

Either way, it amazes me that the bloke gets bail and B) why they haven't named him so the whole town can go and kick the proverbial out of him :D

Those three in the photos don't look 57!! Maybe the bloke arrested is the father of one of them!!

Either way, it amazes me that the bloke gets bail and B) why they haven't named him so the whole town can go and kick the proverbial out of him :D

The 3 in the picture ripped it down for a bit of a laugh :roll: and then apparantly threw it away. The 57 year old found it and took it home and has been charged with theft by finding. Didn't know there was such a crime.]

The 3 in the picture ripped it down for a bit of a laugh :roll: and then apparantly threw it away. The 57 year old found it and took it home and has been charged with theft by finding. Didn't know there was such a crime.]

ahhh thanks for enlightening me Wolfie....

If what you say is true about the bloke simply finding it Wolfie then he is just as guitly in my opinion as if he HAD taken it himself.

Considering the story of the plaques theft was splashed across all local and national papers, radio and TV etc then .....

WHY when he 'found' it didn't he just hand it in as being local he must have know what it was and that it was being looked for....and there was even a £2000 reward.

If he was worried about handing it in why didn't he just leave it somewhere where it would be found safely ?

Considering the story of the plaques theft was splashed across all local and national papers, radio and TV etc it beggers belief that he simply DID NOTHING... unless of course he knew the person who did it and/or is telling porkies :roll:

front page news.... 3 more arrested over theft.

2 released without charge and one on bail until 5th July "pending consideration of a suitable resolution when community representatives and Warrington Borough Council have been consulted."

I posted under the news story saying..... OK so the 28 year old is now on bail but what does " pending consideration of a suitable resolution when community representatives and Warrington Borough Council have been consulted" mean ????

Anyone know ?

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13351/1/Three-more-arrested-over-plaque-theft/Page1.html