Jungle drums beating!!!

theinsider

OK experts. Let's backtrack a bit.

If Joey had stayed, failed to reach the play-offs, and didn't improve on last season what would you have done?

Kept him on after another year of no progress?

Fired him?

Given him a chance to get things right next season?

Analyse the last option:

If the results at the start of the season were the same as last year, you would have to sack him. BUT that means that say the first 6/10 games have been lost and the manager coming in, was never going to get into the play-offs, let alone get promotion.

At least with Joey going when he did, the new manager had a chance to assess the team when there was nothing to lose, and has the summer to bring players in.

The club needs to move into the next level ASAP. People are putting a lot of their own money and effort into making the club successful. They are not seeing anything for it at the moment. Believe it or not. It costs money to run a football team/club.

Have a nice day. :wink:

Very good points made. Only argument I can have is that our squad was a lot stronger than it was at the start of this season, but I've said before that we just need to move on. Shaun Reid seems like the right man for the job on paper, despite his lack of managerial experience, so lets just wait for next season and hope for the best.

you all seem scepticle about shaun i believe he will take us forward i mean i disagreed with the sacking of joey only on the basis of the disruption it caused because of the appauling timing results after that was down to a make shift squad and i am reserving my judgement for next season i would like to see a decent few centrebacks signed couple of strikers and a decent goalkeeper i mean pritchs shot stopping is second to none but his commanding of his box claiming crosses and general decisiveness is poor and it has shown with most of the goals we have conceded over the last year or so :/ we need a tall keeper that will claim crosses be decisive with good shot stopping ability id have kept chris oldfield

you all seem scepticle about shaun i believe he will take us forward i mean i disagreed with the sacking of joey only on the basis of the disruption it caused because of the appauling timing results after that was down to a make shift squad and i am reserving my judgement for next season i would like to see a decent few centrebacks signed couple of strikers and a decent goalkeeper i mean pritchs shot stopping is second to none but his commanding of his box claiming crosses and general decisiveness is poor and it has shown with most of the goals we have conceded over the last year or so :/ we need a tall keeper that will claim crosses be decisive with good shot stopping ability id have kept chris oldfield

We will see I myself am not so sure Mr Reid is the right man from what I seen from the games he was in charge last season there didn't seem to be much idea on how to change a game no directions to the the team only foul mouth rants to the officials thought that Mr Humphreys could rant but this guy can match him hope I am proved wrong

you all seem scepticle about shaun i believe he will take us forward i mean i disagreed with the sacking of joey only on the basis of the disruption it caused because of the appauling timing results after that was down to a make shift squad and i am reserving my judgement for next season i would like to see a decent few centrebacks signed couple of strikers and a decent goalkeeper...

We'll probably have signings in pretty much every position, to be honest. I am not sceptical about Reid, but I do have lower expectations of him than most people on here seem to. I can see this either working extremely well or just completely backfire.