Are the old paying enough?

Lt Kije

Kije.... as far as I am aware, it isn't possible to get a mortgage which will still be outstanding after you turn 65; certainly wasn't last time I got a mortgage anyway.

As for your link, it is nice to know that the Spanish are discussing the problems with the UK pension funds while taking our money to put their road and rail systems right!

Baz most of our banks are now owned by the government or foreign banks so why not, I take it because ts Spanish you do not in any way agree with any of it.

never said I didn't agree with any of it; I merely said it is typical european nonsense that they can discuss the woes of our government funded pensions whilst taking our governments money via EU subsidies (us being a net contributor) and spending it on their road and rail network.

Surely you would agree that our governments priority should be our own peoples pensions rather than the Madrid - Barcelona rail link? (fyi, Spain has had over ten billion euros from the EU so far to pay for upgrading their transport infrastructure)

Yes I agree we should make pensions A priority that's the whole point of the thread, we cannot afford the system we have. People retiring in the 2030s and 2040s are up shit creek. As there will not be enough young people to pay for the pensions add on to that alot of the old will be over 80 and in and out of hospital, So we will be spending more on the NHS as well.

II've managed to reach my quite advanced age without troubling the NHS much. <_< <_< <_<

Is that because you have spend most of your time bobbing around on a ship somehwere Asp so can't get a suitable appointment with a land doc ... and when you are back on dry land you are better so there's no point :wink:

Simple answer to the equation Lt. if there are too many old folk around, just slow down or halt the production of new ones, perhaps you could sterilise males at birth, place a complete ban on anyone of foreign nationality from entering the country, plus anyone living in the UK and not born in this country to be immediately deported, bring back the death penalty for any serious crime committed starting with mugging through to murder, preferably without trial, put down those already convicted that would save the expense of maintaining the prison system, SIMPLES! :angry:

place a complete ban on anyone of foreign nationality from entering the country, plus anyone living in the UK and not born in this country to be immediately deported, bring back the death penalty for any serious crime committed starting with mugging through to murder, preferably without trial, put down those already convicted that would save the expense of maintaining the prison system, SIMPLES!

I'll vote for you Algy..... best election speech I've read for years!

On a more serious note, have you read how Saajid Badat (the failed shoe bomber) released form prison two years early after doing a deal to grass up other terrorists is living rent free, getting housing and tax benefits, having his mobile phone and internet services paid as well as travel expenses, even though he is in work? All at the expense of the tax payer.

Algy

That's half the problem we have slowed down on the production of new "oldies" we are not having as many kids, so we have less people to pay for the people who have retired,

Asp Your proof

http://www.ic.nhs.uk/news-and-events/news/elderly-people-account-for-bigger-proportion-of-nhs-hospital-activity-every-year-report-shows

Has anyone got any ideas what to do about it, I think it is safe to say their is a problem how about some suggestions

Algy

That's half the problem we have slowed down on the production of new "oldies" we are not having as many kids, so we have less people to pay for the people who have retired,

Asp Your proof

http://www.ic.nhs.uk/news-and-events/news/elderly-people-account-for-bigger-proportion-of-nhs-hospital-activity-every-year-report-shows

Has anyone got any ideas what to do about it, I think it is safe to say their is a problem how about some suggestions

Lt, if you make 'newbies' you will generally speaking eventually have 'oldies' accepting that some 'rejects' will be taken off the production line during production! so in the long term you need to either slow down or stop production for a predetermined period, a bit like Ford's management at Halewood did in the 60's. :rolleyes:

With respect my friend you have got yourself in a 'loop' and are in danger of disappearing up your own "Arse". :rolleyes:

Not my suggestion and has been posted before, but

Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
They MUST retire - Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed 
They MUST buy a new British car - Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed 
They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed 
They MUST send their kids to school/college/university - Crime rate fixed 
They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week ..... And there's your money back in duty/tax. 

Instead of playing around with the carbon emissions trading scheme that makes us pay for the major polluters,
tell the greedy polluters to reduce their pollution emissions by 75% within 5 years or shut them down.

P.S. If more money is needed, have all Members of Parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses
and second home allowances.

And instead of putting criminals into prison, we should build more secure nursing homes and put them in there.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week for the privilege and have no hope of ever getting out