Why I Love Older Ladies

algy

images.jpg

An old man stopped by the local garage to have his car fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.

On the way home he stopped at the local hardware shop and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the farm and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the farmyard he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home.

While he was scratching his head, he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was newly arrived in the area and was lost. She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 15 Windmill Lane?'

The old man said, 'Well, as a matter of fact, my house is very close to that house. I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'

The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'

'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.

On the way he says 'Let's take a short cut and go down this lane. We'll be there in no time.'

The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the lane you won't hold me up against a tree, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'

The farmer said, 'Fat Chance of that happening! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against a tree and do that?'

The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens. :wink: