Travellers in Culcheth

Eagle

Are they the same ones that Ellimay reported being at Locking Stumps the other week Eagle?

I know they've finally just been moved on but I'm sure I read in the WG on Thursday that they had simply moved onto a nearby school's/ex school's land after breaking the padlocks on the gates but the council would not comment.

I've thrown my advert filled boring paper away now and can't remember excatly where they said those had moved to, sorry.

Are they the same ones that Ellimay reported being at Locking Stumps the other week Eagle?

I know they've finally just been moved on but I'm sure I read in the WG on Thursday that they had simply moved onto a nearby school's/ex school's land after breaking the padlocks on the gates but the council would not comment.

I've thrown my advert filled boring paper away now and can't remember excatly where they said those had moved to, sorry.

The best way to move them on is to send in the Inland Revenue Inspectors !

:lol::lol:

Joking aside I do remember some years ago when travellers set up camp not far from the Valiant Close area. They quickly moved off after a group of men from the estate paid them a visit and said what would happen if they didn't sod off. :unsure: I also remember some moving onto the land near the Cantilever Bridge where the flats now are. They upped and went almost immediately after the landowner had a word in their ears that night (allegidely of course)

It does seem ridiculous that once travellers are finally moved on they just pop down the road to another location and the whole lengthy procedure of applying for eviction has to start again.

Surely it would make more sense to be able to evict the actual group of people and their vans/cars etc from the initial site AND the whole of Warrington in one application.... it would save a lot of money, time, effort and also stress to residents and businesses.

:lol::lol:

I also remember some moving onto the land near the Cantilever Bridge where the flats now are. They upped and went almost immediately after the landowner had a word in their ears that night (allegidely of course)

I remember it well.

"Allegedly", a bunch of heavies from Manchester were invited to have a quiet word in their shell-like.

We also know that these tactics have gone all over Warrington when it comes to 'opportunities' to build, and he still gets away with it.

A number of posts have been edited or deleted because previous use of certain words and phrases attracted the attention of the police. Had these words and phrases been allowed to stay the posters may have been receiving a visit from the police.

WWW might also have been receiving a visit!

Perhaps this might be borne in mind in discussing certain topics

They have been moved out of Shaw Street and are now camped on the car park behind M&S Salvage, Glazebury

It's on the front page news and there is a quote from Cllr Sue Bland saying "This is private land, so the owner has got a problem"... Yep, that's sort of stating the blindingly obvious, but maybe this owner wouldn't have the problem if the powers that be were allowed to do a global eviction of the same group of travellers/gypsies from from a whole area like I said yesterday.

I feel sorry for the private landowner... and the next nearby landowner who will probably get them when they move again. :roll:

I guess the council/police/courts don't make the general rules though and the Government do advise that "when gypsies/travellers are not causing a problem, the site may be tolerated " :blink:

Warr WW News - Anger over travellers camp

"It is understood the travellers moved on from Shaw Street after being spoken to by police."

It also says the above on the front page. Now you can look at this two ways, one if the police can move them on from private propoerty just the same as public property then the owner hasn't got a problem, the police will move them again. The second option is that the police pointed them to a site that was less hassle for themselves and the council.

Used to be a police inspector in Warrington when the travellers turned up would attend the illegal site he would then look for a generator which looked very new and ask to see the receipt for the purchase of said generator,more often than not one could not be produced,the said generator was then removed presumed stolen.

When he had finished with the generators he would then turn his attention to the caravans, amazing to watch the rest of the travellers evaporate away.Simple really.

You mean they should become 'walkers' then Inky... sturdy boots, rain macks, backpacks with packed lunches and pop up tents :lol:

Good point about vehicles being clamed or toed away from private land but don't you have to have signs up saying that will happen ?

Eagle.. I very much doubt that the police would actually tell them to move onto someone's private land regardless of whether it is near a residential area or not and/or less hassle for the authorities. Private means private ie "Belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only" so you would think it should be even worse if the moved onto 'private' and sense would say that they should be evicted quicker

PS I altered one word of your post Inky, nothing bad at all but I am just airing on the side of caution after DS's earlier post. I hope you don't mind :wink:

This shower have attempted to get down Moss Lane,off Heyshoot Lane; some of the residents put up a human barricade to prevent their progress and one of these thugs drove straight at them resulting in one unfortunate having both of his legs broken.

The majority have gone but some caravans are parked on the Treatment Works entry road in discussion with a large contingent of police.