Energy Tariffs?

observer

I generally use one S/Market as a convenient routine - now I could go to every S/Market get a copy of the receipts, match them against each other, then armed with the knowledge as to which items are cheapest, then travel to each S/Market for those specific items - forgetting of course, that I would be using more petrol in the process and by the time we'd sussed out the cheapest, the prices would have changed anyway! :roll:

As you are posting on here Obs I have to presume you are connected to the internet and can therefore compare prices, online, without getting out of your chair. This way you wouldn't be using any petrol at all. Alternatively you could use one of the supermarkets delivery services which actually (if you take a moment to think about it) saves fuel :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I generally use one S/Market as a convenient routine - now I could go to every S/Market get a copy of the receipts, match them against each other, then armed with the knowledge as to which items are cheapest, then travel to each S/Market for those specific items - forgetting of course, that I would be using more petrol in the process and by the time we'd sussed out the cheapest, the prices would have changed anyway! :roll:

Or you could just bung your shopping list into mysupermarket.co.uk and it'll tell you which of the big names works out cheapest for your list on that particular day.

Then you can either order for delivery through the same site, or go to the supermarket yourself and pick up your own items.

It ain't rocket science.

It's just shopping around.

And unless you want a "planned" economy with government fixed prices for everything (which also, of course, means fixed wages, working where the government tells you to, and living only where the government allows you to) it's either take five minutes to shop around or quit moaning about being ripped off just because you're too lazy to find a better deal.

Are Credit Unions wrong for offering loans at less than the big banks? AND paying better interest?

Not at all, Credit Unions are a good thing.

As long as savers realise that their money isn't protected in the same way deposits in banks are. And that you'll never be able to borrow enough for a mortgage or even a car loan from a Credit Union.

You mean that that "private enterprise" would "rip us off" Inky?! :)

Private enterprise has the absolute right to set whatever prices it likes in a free market economy.

If a business wants to make its profits from the lazy and more money than sense sectors of their customer base, and give discounts to savvy customers, then they have the absolute right to do so.