The Boat Race Protestor

asperity

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kije.... A millionaire earning futher millions every year but using avoidance tactics that so shocked the chancellor would still do the same if he had more direct taxation.

The same millionaire does however have to pay the fuel duty and VAT to fill up his Bentley or Private Plane.... he still pays VAT when he buys a new TV or a new Rolls....

Abolishing indirect taxes would leave him with MORE money in his pockets and less in the countries coffers!

Baz I just think direct taxes are fairer,non of this paying car tax and thinking its being spent on roads, It's not perfect and I know less indirect taxes means higher direct taxes.

but that will encourage even more rich people to avoid paying than do now!

Are you looking for targets Asp, I would get rid as many as possible, And go for direct taxes

What would you do, you like to stick the boot in, but you come up with very little yourself, nows your chance :wink:

I'm not the one suggesting getting rid of some unspecified taxes, you are. So how about answering the question instead of trying to avoid it? Get rid of road tax, fuel duty, tobacco duty, alcohol duty - teetotal, non smoking people who don't own a car are liable to feel a bit over-taxed. :wink:

I think the whole tax system needs to be scrapped and some equitable system set up. VAT has to stay as long as we are handcuffed to the EUSSR.

Even millionaires can only drive one car at a time or eat one meal at a time, so indirect taxes are no good in dealing with them. :wink:

Millionaires might only be able to drive one car Obs.... but every car they buy has to be bought (VAT) taxed..... unless it was registered before 1972 fuelled ( VAT, Fuel Duty), insured (insurance tax) Garaged (VAT from building garages) Serviced (VAT from servicing costs)... the list goes on!

.. trickle down was invented by the rich to fool the poor - the way to kick start the economy and stimulate growth, is to put more money in MORE peoples pockets and create demand generally.

.. and in the same way that the idea to kick start the economy and stimulate growth, is to put more money in MORE peoples pockets and create demand generally was probably invented by a bunch of jealous lefties who were never happy with what they had and were always insanely jealous of anyone with more than them :wink:

Asp

As I said I would get rid as many as possible, some would have to be kept but not all. Your not giving anything away with your equitable system, we need a bit more information

You are giving away nothing at all Lt Kije. Some but not all? Which ones would you keep, which ones would you scrap? How would you make up the shortfall? You are the one that said that scrapping indirect taxes was the way to go. I am not vain enough to think that I can design an equitable tax system. If I could I would be one of the super rich you and your best friend Obs have such a down on, because some people will always be richer than others. :wink: :wink:

You want to divert the topic away from any mention of the EUSSR being responsible for anything as usual. I'm not bothered if you answer my question or not, but please bear it in mind the next time you try the same tactic on someone else :wink: :wink: :wink: