Joey Dunn - Sacked?!

WireWarrior97

Ask and you shall receive, Mr Insider.

I have mixed feelings about this, ninth for the last two seasons, now in ninth this season, with a tough run in, an ambitious board, and fans, we haven't really progressed onto the promised land of the play offs, so I can understand this but then I am gutted, as I really liked Joey, indeed, he is my favourite ever Town player, and when you see where we were before Joey came (i.e. every season a relegation dogfight) we have made great strides forward under Joey and Stuart.

Whatever happens next, the real fans, not including you there Mr Insider, must get behind Toby on

• Upvote 1

People are never happy with change. Do they play for the club or Joey? That will answer a few questions imo.

Words of wisdom old wise one - what is the old saying "no one is bigger than the club."

Turn back the clock and see where your club has come over the past five years.

People have short memories. :roll:

I can only echo the view that this was the wrong time to do it - reviewing at the end of the season would have been better for the clubs stability and future in my opinion. I'd also like to add - what message does the timing of the sacking (after a long unbeaten run, within range of the playoffs) send to any potential applicants? Might scare a few off I reckon. The view of fans of other clubs on twitter and various other forums is that we have shot our selves in the foot. The board must now make a quality appointment, with a good track record in getting teams promoted. Although I can't see anyone being available at this point, with around 6 weeks left of the season

• Upvote 1

I can only echo the view that this was the wrong time to do it - reviewing at the end of the season would have been better for the clubs stability and future in my opinion. I'd also like to add - what message does the timing of the sacking (after a long unbeaten run, within range of the playoffs) send to any potential applicants? Might scare a few off I reckon. The view of fans of other clubs on twitter and various other forums is that we have shot our selves in the foot. The board must now make a quality appointment, with a good track record in getting teams promoted. Although I can't see anyone being available at this point, with around 6 weeks left of the season

One win in four, being held by 9 men at Wakefield and getting battered at relegation threatened Clitheroe, keeper and centre half almost fighting at Curzon, skipper walks out on club...... great CV that!

With the end of season run in facing the likes of Flyde, who will need points for the title, Lancaster and Witton away who are both going to be battling for the play-offs, it was always going to be a near impossible mission for a team which has always failed to nail teams they should beat.

Even in the good run (11 games unbeaten) lets look at the dropped points -

Durham City H 0-0

Mossley H 1-1

Wakefield A (9 men) 2-2

Six massive points dropped there against at best mediocre teams.

Why are people so surprised at what has happened?

The new guy coming in will now have a good chance to get a feel for the club and whatever players he has left at his disposal - decide who to retain for next season and look to improve the team for a title push.

If the players who are left have any desire to remain at the club they will play to the best of their ability and may be just find that extra bit to still pull off a play off miracle for you all - and then may be a nice derby with Chorley again - if they don't go up another league! :wink:

• Downvote 1

Words of wisdom old wise one - what is the old saying "no one is bigger than the club."

Turn back the clock and see where your club has come over the past five years.

People have short memories. :roll:

Dead right they do. The board have made a stand for they think is right. Is'nt it about time they got some backing as that's rarely seen on here with the odd exception.

Its a results driven business and yes the club had a formidable run but as i myself mentioned we had an awful start to the season and if that had'nt have taken place and we'd had won those games the club would have been around 3rd and none of this would even have been happening.

Progress is everything, failure is nothing.

Okay so moving on, what experience does our caretaker manager have?

Also i'd be interested in who people think should come in and why. Theres some of you out there who know the non league scene very well. Personally if the players have let us down, let the players resolve it. Mike Tommo as player / caretaker manager until the end of the season? Perhaps a recently retired pro might like a challenge?

I don't think there would be as much talk about this sacking if it had been done at the end of the season it is the fact that Joey brought a lot of these players to the team and we were still in with a shout of the play offs the timing is lousy as I would imagine the moral of the team would have taken a bashing heard Duffy and River may have gone as well

I don't think there would be as much talk about this sacking if it had been done at the end of the season it is the fact that Joey brought a lot of these players to the team and we were still in with a shout of the play offs the timing is lousy as I would imagine the moral of the team would have taken a bashing heard Duffy and River may have gone as well

Has anyone actually bothered to look at the league table and the forthcoming fixtures.

After Tuesday's games Warrington are actually SIX POINTS off a play off place with just seven games to go and only one win out of their last four games.

With five of the seven away, including Witton and Lancaster, the chances of Town making the play offs is virtually nil based on their recent form.

The Manager of the month award may have only been presented a week last Tuesday - but the wheels had already come off at Wakefield (nine men), Curzon and then Clitheroe - the victory over Radcliffe was probably against one of the weakest teams in the league.

I think people need to get real and just accept it was time for change and to move on in a new direction.

From what I can see the club has come forward leaps and bounds off the pitch and now it is time to catch up on it!

Too many dreamers on here. LOOK at the table. Results don't lie. IF, they were in 6th spot and all games played were even, then "MAYBE", just maybe, they would have been there at the end of the season.

As I said before, the other teams are NOT going to roll over just to allow WTFC to get promoted. It has to be fought for, every game. Not just turn it on when they feel like it.

Two words. Winning and Consistency are what is required.

Where is the pride of playing for the club, when last season, they just gave up because they weren't going to reach the play-offs.

This is a club that has had a lot of work and money put into it. That should deliver results on the pitch and bring more fans in, which in turns allows investment in better players.

Mid table is not going to do that.

What are we counting as "High calibre"? Managers with experience in the Conference? Evo-Stick Premier?

WW97, Only reporting whats in the news article on the WWW News page.

It`s to be hoped that whoever succeeds Joey and Stu is of the calibre necessary to take us to the next level.

Ian