Castle in Warrington ?

Nick Tessla

Going to have to do a trawl round the antique fairs soon looking for a few more tin hats. the one we have is getting a bit battered :mrgreen:

Hey Sid, you got me worried now!, I don't think Dizz has been around today with a bit of luck she may have gone away for the week end and won't see Peter and my posts, might sleep with one eye open tonight, you never know.

ScreenShot004-1.jpg

I'm a busy bee at the moment Algy and but I've caught up with you and Peter now. Just you two wait !!!!

Evils get as many tin hats as you can and Sadako get your video camera ready and thanks for offering to hold them down.

Can't see there being too many youtube videos of two cheeky wrinklies trying to retrieve an array of different sized tin hats form where the sun don't shine :wink:

It could be a massive HIT :lol:

I'm a busy bee at the moment Algy and but I've caught up with you and Peter now. Just you two wait !!!!

Evils get as many tin hats as you can and Sadako get your video camera ready and thanks for offering to hold them down.

Can't see there being too many youtube videos of two cheeky wrinklies trying to retrieve an array of different sized tin hats form where the sun don't shine :wink:

It could be a massive HIT :lol:

Awe' flippin eck' Dizz we din't meen no arm' onest'! :rolleyes::D :grin: :D

This is pay per view entertainment. I'll spread the word. I've got a pair of hand cuffs and some rope in the shed.

Whoa! now I know what the Sad in sadako stands for :rolleyes: , tin hats, video camera, being held down, hand cuffs and I dread to think what the ropes for, can't speak for Peter but no kinky stuff for me, I'm off!. :wink::D :grin: :D

:lol::) Sleep well Algy and I can't wait to hear about what you dream about...

.... if of course you are brave enough to tell :lol:

Sadako.. recon you got Algy there and no doubt Peter is dipping his flannel into a bowl of ice cold water too :wink:

Back to the original question...I am not drumming up business, as we don't run it any more, but there is a superb large map of Warrington in the Ring O' Bells (near the piano) which shows the Roman Road clearly. It shows the site of the motte, which it originally was not far from the back of the church of St Elphin, looks to me like it wasn't nearly as far off as the new school, but I may be wrong.

As an "incomer" to the area, I have always been fascinated in the history of the town and was fascinated to see some of the sites on this map, one of the most interesting was the cricket ground near Arpley meadows, on which, apparently the first ever Lancashire County Cricket match was played.

Back to the original question...I am not drumming up business, as we don't run it any more, but there is a superb large map of Warrington in the Ring O' Bells (near the piano) which shows the Roman Road clearly. It shows the site of the motte, which it originally was not far from the back of the church of St Elphin, looks to me like it wasn't nearly as far off as the new school, but I may be wrong.

As an "incomer" to the area, I have always been fascinated in the history of the town and was fascinated to see some of the sites on this map, one of the most interesting was the cricket ground near Arpley meadows, on which, apparently the first ever Lancashire County Cricket match was played.

There used to be a greyhound track there as well.

I remember it well, did you know there was a greyhound racing track and also at one time a motorcycle speedway track on Arpley meadows as well.