Gay marriages

wolfie

Well I don't, all species on this earth survive through procreation, since this is unavailable to same sex couples without third party input then marriage is a no no.

Many heterosexuals cannot, or do not wish to, procreate. Would you deny them too the right to marry? I think not.

"Of all creatures, do you approach males and leave the spouses whom your Lord has created for you? Indeed, you are people transgressing " and "Do you commit adultery as no people in creation [ever] committed before you? For you practise your lusts on men in preference to women: You are indeed a people transgressing beyond limits."

"Of all creatures, do you approach males and leave the spouses whom your Lord has created for you? Indeed, you are people transgressing " and "Do you commit adultery as no people in creation [ever] committed before you? For you practise your lusts on men in preference to women: You are indeed a people transgressing beyond limits."

I know that there are countless men who leave their wives and go to have sex with gays, they are called bisexuals.

And also there are countless men, and women, who have committed adultry.

Now are you going to quote the scriptures to them. Or doesn't it matter to you? :unsure:

Wolfe

can I take it you believe, and if you do,can I take it you believe all, and you are a creationist, or like most believers these days you pick and choose what bits of the bible you wish to follow :wink:

No, I just cut and pasted a quote from the Kuran, (Koran) ( Quran) It doesn't mean a thing to me. I just wondered what replies it would get. :wink: :wink:

Can't help but think that all this is just a tactical political 'get more votes' scam.

Clegg has already been reported as saying that the Libs have looked why they are loosing votes and he recons it's because they are not 'reaching' the gay people.

I still don't have any problem with gay/lesbian people entereing into civil partnerships (which are the same as marriages anyway and with the same rights) but I still can't see why calling it a 'marriage' and bringing it into the exact remit as a male/female marriage is needed or right.

...it could be opening a can of worms though as the next thing on the agenda could be another shout for the legalisation and recognition of polygamy in the UK and the likes. How about marrying your cousin or your neice/nephew/uncle/aunt/brother/sister.... as long as you are in love of course :shock::unsure:

Anyway apparently consultation on the 'marriage' thing opened two days ago...... anyone been consulted yet :lol:

PS Obs.... I still don't see why me or my other half aren't entitled to same 'rights' as someone who has been married for a year or a gay couple :wink::P

You are entitled Diz - all you have to do to qualify - is get married. :wink:

Do I have to.... it costs a bloody fortune and all you get for it is a piece of paper and the hassle of having to change your name on everything. Infact I'd probably keep my name anyway as I've had it for so long and I don't like his cos it's boring and it makes me sound like his mum. :lol:

Rather than to waste all that money on a wedding I'd rather have a new kitchen and bathroom instead or maybe buy my a car for oour lad so we don't have to be taxis anymore.

It's just the principle that I don't agree with and I just don't think it's fair but in reality I/we don't really care if we don't have special rights if we were to split up but it does concern me that maybe our pensions would not be paid out to each other if one of us pops our clogs. :unsure: Is there anything else I should be worried about ?

I still don't see why someone who has been married for a year and have a piece of paper (marriage certificate) or a gay couple with a piece of paper (civil parnership) have more rights than people like us who have been together for over 25 years, lived together in our home for 20 years, worked hard as a family, paid all our bills, never been in great debt, supported each other through thick and thin, brought up our wonderful son to be hard working respectful..... and yet that counts for nothing.

Not going to loose any sleep over it but I'll ask my other half if he fancies getting married when he gets home and I'll let you know if he collapses, runs or just curls up in a little ball whilst shaking uncontrolably :wink:

So basically what you are saying is that people only get married to get the other persons pension when they pop off then. Heartless buggers :lol:

Why cant I sign a pension contract or make a will saying that my other half can have my measily little pension :P

Hope you have your name on the house deeds Dizzy, otherwise you might find yourself homeless if he died and you weren't named in a will. That is the problem for siblings who live together, they also don't have the same rights to have property automatically transferred when they die.

Mortgage is in boths names if that counts..... but why could I become homeless though if mine wasn't as it would just go to my son and he wouldn't kick me out. (actually he probably would :lol:)

European Ruling torpedoes Coalition stance on same sex marriages.

Seems the Euro judges have got something right for once !!

( full article in the DM)

European Judges have ruled that same sex marriages are NOT a human right.

The ruling also says that if gay couples are allowed to marry, any church that offers weddings, will be guilty of discrimination if it declines to marry same-sex couples

It means that if MP’s legislate for same-sex marriages , the Coalition’s promise that churches will not be compelled to conduct the weddings will be worthless.

Lets hope that now the Coalition stops arseing about and start doing that which we pay them for !!