Gay marriages

wolfie

I was once married (bigamously too!) to a good (male) friend of mine.

I was his best man and, apparently, the registrar was a bit p*ssed and entered the names of the bride and the witness in the wrong boxes, having us sign in the same.

It wasn't noticed until the records were filed a couple of weeks later.

So it didn't last long, but we never had a crossed word!

Was the marriage consumated, I do hope not fug's! :unsure: . :wink::D

You can consider me arrogant if you wish but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

Was not too long ago that you all were making it known that you did not mind a gay's organs being used in transplants and here you all are now making it known that you do not think gays should have the right to marry like heterosexuals and should be content with what they already have. Good enough to be an organ donator but not good enough to be allowed equality with heterosexuals, second class persons. If some of you had your own way homosexuality would still be illegal. But their organs still acceptable for donations. Says it all really.

And Eagle, if you don't like what I say then don't read it. In The words of wolfie - Well the last I heard, we had freedom of speech in this country, unlike many others. I and others are entitled to comment. whether you like it or not.

Why don't we do as they do in France, all marriages are civil marriages, and if you'd like a religeus cemromony you go and have a church wedding after, the one that counts in law is the civil one.

But why should donkey's years of tradition change to another system, simply because of the protestations of a minority group?

...so what's the issue then. Churches get a choice and those that accept gay partnerships are free to marry them. Win win for all! I can understand why some gay couples would want to be married in a church. It doesn't bother me one bit and the only people it really affects are the couples themselves.

• Upvote 1

The favorite refrain of gay activists is "it won't affect you." In a broad sense, this has relatively little to do with affecting individual marriages. That's because to the homosexual movement, it's about a much larger issue.

The passionate fight for "gay marriage" is really about the movement's obsession over society accepting their behavior -- and their rage that without the force of law we never will.

By making homosexual behavior a legal entity -- as "marriage" or "civil unions" it carries with it the huge force of state-approved legal recognition.

In America

Acknowledging Mother's Day or Father's Day is already considered "verboten" in some public schools.

In Ireland

the Irish Council for Civil Liberties warned that clergy who circulated a Vatican statement opposing gay marriages could face prosecution under incitement-to-hatred legislation.

I think that the concerns are not what is happening now, but what is likely to happen.

Marriage is completely different today than it was 1000 years ago. It's a man made concept and has evolved in time. As far as I am aware it existed in some form before religion became involved. Gay marriages and relationships have been recorded since ancient Roman times. I really don't see it as an issue. There will always be gay people. Legalizing gay marriage won't make a difference to how many gays will be born. They have always been around. If marriage was still the same as it was 100s of years ago, women would be man's property and couples would be married for practical reasons rather than for love. Let's go back to those days should we because nobody is making an issue about that.

• Upvote 1

Sadako, I don't think anyone is saying that they are "Anti Gay", even if they are. The problem in my opinion is that they continually want the same rights and conditions as everyone else even though they are different. They are already doing ok, why do they insist on getting people's backs up by wanting to go the further mile?

Sadako, I don't think anyone is saying that they are "Anti Gay", even if they are. The problem in my opinion is that they continually want the same rights and conditions as everyone else even though they are different. They are already doing ok, why do they insist on getting people's backs up by wanting to go the further mile?

Peter, lovie, they are not different, they are human beings just the same as the rest of us and look just like the rest of us so they are the same as us, just that they have a different sexual preference. So why shouldn't they have the same rights as the rest of us and perhaps if they did have the same rights they would be content and quiet. They are really not wanting to go the extra mile, they just want to be treated the same as everyone else. Now why should that get people's backs up? Really and honestly?

• Upvote 1