Gay marriages

wolfie

An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."

An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."

Brilliant. :D

There's been a lot of shouting about this in the press, but it still isn't clear to me what the issues really are.

Is the legislation going to say churches can marry gay couples, or that the must marry them? From what's been reported of various church people it would seem the latter. But how can legislation make a church marry two people? The church is supposed to interview the couple and decide if they're suitable, on a unique couple by couple basis. At least, that's how it was always done before. Has that ceased to be the case? Do churches now marry anybody who asks, without checking? Or do they have to marry anyone they're told they should marry?

And does this apply to all churches or just to the state church, the C of E?

Thanks. So it's as I thought, then - a lot of shouting about something that isn't a problem, with the usual church hysteria about being `persecuted.'

May not be a problem at the moment, but may well become a problem if the gay community have their way.

The ECHR makes provision for freedom of thought and expression; which would suggest that "the Church" is perfectly free to continue it's current policies in respect of homosexuals. :wink:

Obs, it didn't make much provision for who you can, or cannot allow in your own boarding house. :roll: