Gay marriages

wolfie

Should the church be allowed to choose whether to marry gays, considering that an analysis of equality law by Church of England lawyers suggests assurances from David Cameron and his ministers that no church will be compelled to provide such ceremonies are worthless. :unsure: :unsure:

Should the church be allowed to choose whether to marry gays, considering that an analysis of equality law by Church of England lawyers suggests assurances from David Cameron and his ministers that no church will be compelled to provide such ceremonies are worthless. :unsure: :unsure:

No!, although I'm not against gay anything as long as children are not involved, and they keep to their own type, they have every right to do what they wish with their own bodies! - that is my opinion for what it is worth and no amount of dialogue will ever change it, and I would not dream of trying to force it on anyone else!.

Once again, a minority dictating how the world should be.

No problem with gays or lesbians. As long as they do it discreetly and don't ram it in my face, let them get on with it behind closed doors. BUT why they should want marriage and children when they don't agree with male/female partnerships stinks of Hypocrisy. Time Cameron sorted out the Lib-Dems and got the country back on its feet and stop interfering in things that are against the norm anyway.

The churches shouldn't be doing it anyway. :roll:

• Upvote 1

Once again, a minority dictating how the world should be.

Peter, the way things have gone over the last 40 years I fear that 40 years from now the minority will be looking for a straight pub/club for a drink, a night out in the straight village and wearing little ribbons to denote they are members of straight pride. :roll: :roll:

I should imagine the eventual outcome of a refusal by the church to marry gay couples would lead to the ECHR being involved which could then involve the Queen as head of the Church of England ,so to avoid that fiasco i should imagine the church could not reasonably decline any request for a gay marriage.

Peter, the way things have gone over the last 40 years I fear that 40 years from now the minority will be looking for a straight pub/club for a drink, a night out in the straight village and wearing little ribbons to denote they are members of straight pride. :roll: :roll:

I can believe that. In some instances it is already happening.

Was it the bit about RAMMING IT IN MY FACE!!!!!, by any chance?

Ahem

The church, of whichever persuasion, are going to do what they want anyway, you can't reason with people whose laws/rules are built on faith, only faith, and nothing but the faith.

What obs said, it's a matter of state.

If some people get their way, in a couple of centuries the planet will be populated by godless gay people.

Shame I won't be here to see it.

The problem is, that the Gay lobby won't leave it there: they'll join certain faiths, just to try to change their rules and practises. Now, while I've absolutely no time for any faith, imo in a free country, they should be allowed to believe and practise their own dogmas within their own group - if anyone doesn't like their creed, they can just leave or don't join in the first place - simples. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Why? Can't see how the taste of a pint is tainted if the bloke stood at the bar was there with his husband.

Still not much chance of you getting chatted up either way Wolfie :lol::lol::lol:

Why? Can't see how the taste of a pint is tainted if the bloke stood at the bar was there with his husband.

Quite agree Nick, and I can't really see why a pint should be tainted if a gay person is stood next to a heterosexual couple, so why the need for gay bars?

Quite agree Nick, and I can't really see why a pint should be tainted if a gay person is stood next to a heterosexual couple, so why the need for gay bars?

I think, or so a gay friend once told me, because it was so often made clear to gays, by bar staff and customers, that they were not welcome in 'straight' bars and for that reason some pubs were transformed into gay pubs/clubs.

...and its a good way to meet a potential partner

:) less chance of getting the wrong end of the stick and fewer people will become offended by the affection that couples show for each other.

Which brings me back to the point about straight pubs, villages and pride, because once the gays have become the majority it will be a good way for straight people to meet a potential partner.

In answer to Cleos post, perhaps if gays didn't exaggerate their 'gay'ness they would have been made more welcome.