Define Britishness

Lt Kije

Well, if your "British", you qualify for a "British" passport - so we can start there eh?! :wink:

errr no.

since the likes of Kije sold our country to the devil; we now have a European passport.......

so you will have to start somewhere else!

Well, if your "British", you qualify for a "British" passport - so we can start there eh?! :wink:

Wasn't the original question - "Define Britishness" not 'Define being British', ie. explain the traits of a British person rather than a persons nationality.

This topic has gone that far off track - 1.jpg:roll:

Wasn't the original question - "Define Britishness" not 'Define being British', ie. explain the traits of a British person rather than a persons nationality.

This topic has gone that far off track - 1.jpg:roll:

:unsure: you are so right Algy, but never mind dear, let's have a nice cup of tea. Would you care for a cucumber sandwich too? :D:D

Now how's that for Britishness? :lol:

Britishness.

The belief that no matter where you are in the world you will be among "foreigners".

If you are in any country that is known for internal trouble or warfare you will not be shot at, mugged,kidnapped or arrested because"WE are British and it won't affect us"

The belief that speaking in a slow clear LOUD British voice will enable you to be understood in any country.

The belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, that you are always right, especially when talking to or about "FORIEGNERS".

The belief that this time our ,rugby,football,cricket,tiddley winks team WILL win.

The knowledge that we are "Superior" to all others especially "Foreigners".

The ability to take the mickey out of all and sundry especially OURSELVES :mrgreen: (bet you thought I was going to put Foreigners didn't you)

Britishness.

The belief that no matter where you are in the world you will be among "foreigners".

If you are in any country that is known for internal trouble or warfare you will not be shot at, mugged,kidnapped or arrested because"WE are British and it won't affect us"

The belief that speaking in a slow clear LOUD British voice will enable you to be understood in any country.

The belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, that you are always right, especially when talking to or about "FORIEGNERS".

The belief that this time our ,rugby,football,cricket,tiddley winks team WILL win.

The knowledge that we are "Superior" to all others especially "Foreigners".

The ability to take the mickey out of all and sundry especially OURSELVES :mrgreen: (bet you thought I was going to put Foreigners didn't you)

By my judgement, the nearest to correct description yet!, gud' on yer' Sid lad! :wink::D :grin:

Funny but I always think of one of those farmers when it comes to Obs and "Foreigners".

"Geerrroooof my laaand" 8)

I remember when a "foreigner" was one off those jobs that got done on the Q T, Usually at request of management but in such a way that they did not "officially know" anything about it.

Was one of the reasons a mate of mine lost his job, got caught doing a foreigner. Mind you he was a grave digger. :shock::blink::twisted: