Adding fuel to the fire -

observer

Oh dearie me. I Don't think I read that one, me old corn plaster. I don't think it's so much the materials used but the respect for the sacred texts written therein and the fact that Allah trusted the works to the people to respect and care for. More that I cannot say. :unsure::blink:

Hmmm! I think I shall leave this one alone methinks the lady is getting a little irate, don't usually become involved with politics or religion anyway, always a recipe for conflict, I'm a believer that we should never have become involved in the 'Crusades' in the first place.

Hmmm! I think I shall leave this one alone methinks the lady is getting a little irate, don't usually become involved with politics or religion anyway, always a recipe for conflict, I'm a believer that we should never have become involved in the 'Crusades' in the first place.

Well Richard Lionheart, has hard as he tried, failed to defeat Saladin in 1192 and Saladin's citadel still stands to this day in old Cairo, as does Islam, and still growing stronger, Elhamdolilah. :wink::lol::lol:

and having loads of kids - all of which are brought up strictly in the faith; unlike christianity where most of us can't be arsed as we in the west worked out decades ago that religion is all bollox anyway!!! :D

But the kids are not out of control as are other kids, particulaly in uk/us, and know both their parents and are not a strain on welfare benefits as are one parent kids in the uk and have respect for their parents and others. And I have loads of kids - 24 including grandchildren and I am extremely proud of each and every one of them.

And here one can walk in the streets even in the early hours of the morning -1am/2pm - without the fear of being attacked, robbed, raped, murdered! Can you say the same for uk? NO! :P:lol::lol:

• Downvote 1

And here one can walk in the streets even in the early hours of the morning -1am/2pm - without the fear of being attacked, robbed, raped, murdered! Can you say the same for uk? NO! :P:lol::lol:

Not any more.

In the months since Egypt's popular uprising, many in the country have felt the revolution came at a price - personal safety.

Like many other families in Cairo, Nadia, Soheir and Ahmed never paid too much attention to crime. But this year, any minor concerns have grown into full-on alarm.

Nadia, a tourism worker in her 40's, says since the revolution, safety and security don't exist. She recounts how a relative, driving on a city street last month, was ambushed by masked men with machine guns. He escaped uninjured, but his car and possessions were stolen.

Nadia says these are new types of crimes in Egypt, and include things like kidnapping. Violence, she says, has become a phenomenon.

I didn't have religious doctrine rammed down my throat and neither did my sister.... she decided to be very much part of the church whereas I didn't.... My parents didn't insist or force me or coerce me to go to church. My mum was a big church goer up until she had a stroke; my dad thought it all a load of tosh

I didn't ram religion down the throats of my two sons..... one has absolutely no interest and never has (he is 25) and my yougest who is 10, shows a little sign of interest every now and then....

Neither they nor me nor any of my friends have ever been disrespectful nor been in any trouble so to use an off the cuff remark about UK/US kids being out of control is a bit hasty... when our non-religious kids over here get out of control they may end up smashing the odd bus shelter or nicking a car.....

when kids who are exposed to religious extremism get out of control in this or other countries, they fly planes into buildings and blow themselves up on tube trains....a little more disrespect for life and people you would be struggling to find I think?

There would be no religious extremism without religion in the first place.

• Upvote 1

That's in the capital and, yes, crime has increased there considerably since Mubarak ordered the release of prisoners in attempt to counteract the revolutionists in an attempt to oust them from Tahrir Square but we are about 400 miles from the capital and here life goes on much the same as ever.

Two american women claimed to have been kidnapped in the Sinai Peninsula, well known as the home of lawless bedouins even before the revolution to oust Mubarak. But even so they were never in any danger and the bedouins built a fire to keep them warm, gave them coffee and food and talked with them about religion before freeing them. The two women said their captors were very polite and kind and hospitable.

The Bedouins had rifles but did not hold the women at gunpoint and they were not robbed. :)

Now come on Baz, You know full well that the kids in the uk are out of control even if your own boys are good boys. Your media is full of reports every day of crimes committed by the young there. Kids taking guns and knives to school. Kids killing kids. Kids robbing adults, vandalising property, stealing cars etc.etc., the list is endless.

Now, when the dads go to pray in the mageds with their minime's it's because the kids ask to go with their dad's not because they are forced or coerced to go. They learn about Islam from a young age but it is not forced upon them.

Now come on Baz, You know full well that the kids in the uk are out of control even if your own boys are good boys. Your media is full of reports every day of crimes committed by the young there. Kids taking guns and knives to school. Kids killing kids. Kids robbing adults, vandalising property, stealing cars etc.etc., the list is endless.

Now, when the dads go to pray in the mageds with their minime's it's because the kids ask to go with their dad's not because they are forced or coerced to go. They learn about Islam from a young age but it is not forced upon them.

Now now Cleo. You believe what you read??? Even if true, what percentage of the population is that?

They learn about Islam from a young age but it is not forced upon them.

One of my 10 year olds best friends is a little Muslim lad who lives next door to us with his grandparents and his mum and dad etc.... since we have lived here (about 5 years) he often comes round with his brothers and sisters to play in our garden (I even took a fence panel out at the back of the garden to allow easy access between gardens!) he has never been allowed to stay and play all day because he "has to go to Mosque to pray".... even if football is more appealing!

He would be more than welcome to stay here while his mum and dad go if they wish, but do you think that would happen?

If parents are religious (and that applies to Jews, Christians, Muslims et al) the kids will be "forced" to believe in the same manner. You only have to drive round the Jewish areas of Manchester and see all the little kids with ringlets in their hair to realise this

And what Peter says.... things aren't quite as bad as beirut just yet over here!

You mean Islamists are free to become Infidels? News report on tonight: an otherwise middle class Afghani, is one of the many unemployed in the Capital. Seems his way of earning money for his drinking problem is to pimp his wife out to his friends as a prostitute - a situation she's trapped in, so I those of the faith arn't perfect after all. :roll:

First of all Bazza, true we pray five times a day at set times but not always at a masged. We can pray at home or anywhere we may be. So don't assume that your neighbours are going to the masged to pray five times every day.

While his mum and dad go? Men and women do not go to the masged together. We do not pray together. It is more usual for the women to pray at home.

Now, has this boy told you that he is being forced to pray five timess a day? I rather suspect not. He may have said that he has to pray but rather as someone who would say I have to go out to the shop or I have to call so and so to ask if she is well. Have to does not always imply MUST do.

Children are not forced into Islam. They do because they want to. Islam is a way of life and every muslim knows that there is no merit in praying because they are expected/required to pray on the say so of any individual person/s. Muslims pray as a duty. As a duty to Allah alone. And whether or not you believe in Allah, God, Jehova, call him what you may, is entirely upto yourself. It makes not one iota of difference to me.

As my final word on this subject. How many athiest, agnostics, whatever, although claiming to be a non-believer all their lives, in moments of trouble have uttered, "God help me!" How many on their deathbeds have said, "God forgive me!"?

• Downvote 1

Wondering if Dizzy would allow me to post in arabic so that she will not realize that I am swearing like a trooper at certain members? :lol::lol::lol:

Cleo,

There is NO justification for violence!!!!

Cultures with opposing points of view have to compromise and move forward.

Extremism is pointless and cost lives and money, the latter which could be spent improving the lives of the less well off, but that would them mean that the extremists wouldn't have the same control over the poor. But there again, lives are cheap and the extremists are quite happy to sacrifice them for their own cause.

I do wonder, if there Allah and God, or God and Allah exist, why they allowed bombs and weapons to be invented?

• Upvote 1