Adding fuel to the fire -

observer

So some US clerical staff, happen to burn some copies of th Quran, while having a spring clean; and the whole of Afghanistan bursts into flame, with the murder of US officials. Just how do we think we're going to bring 21st century civilization to these Countries, when they're stuck with a 7th century mind set? :unsure:

pffffft! The damned americans are doing all they can to provoke muslims.

They knew damned well that The Qur'an is the holy book of the muslims and is held sacred by us. If they were just clearing out they could have given them to somebody rather than burn them and you know damned well what a hullabaloo the americans would create if muslimsd burned copies of the bible. :angry:

Why should you/the americans or anyone else bring the 21st centuary to another country? What makes you think you have the right to do so? Just get on with living your lives in yourt own countries as you see fit to do and leave other countries to live their own livesd in their own countries as they see fit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cleo, If these copies of the Quran were sent to the firepit by mistake (as they are saying) then do you actually condone the brutal murder of soldiers, some of whom are (or should I was were) very young and were husbands and fathers of young kids, brothers, sons etc and also the killing of other officials in retaliation?

Me, well I just cant get my head around how, or why, people can just kill someone because a religious book has been destroyed, sorry.

Do all muslim families have them and how many copies are in existence as there must be hundreds of thousands. I know that they should not be burnt and the reason why but surely to kill and take life is a far worse 'crime'. Sorry

I may be wrong but it sounds like they just happened to be on the on the airbase and were accidentally sent for burning. That may be wrong but it's not like they had been snatched from the hands or homes of muslim families and burnt as a symbol of power or anything.

I guess it's hard for us to understand though but you must also have a side of you that does not agree with lives being taken and what goes on as you are not a born and bread muslim so you must see it from both sides.

I very much doubt that in the 21st century that if any muslims or other groups burnt our bibles or other similar religious material that they would get a bullet through the back of their heads for doing it though. Well at least I hope they wouldn't.

I wonder how people found out that they had been sent for burning, and who spread the word which caused the outrage so quickly, also who actually sent them for burning as surely US airbases have tight security and everyone is vetted and aware of the importance of the Quran.

Maybe they shouldn't trust all the people who are working in there, especially the Afgans... :blink:

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Jesus or Allah would have an Ipad if they were still around? :D

Jesus turned water into wine... so if he was walking the earth surely he would turn his ipad into a laptop so he could load more usefull software (unless he only wanted it to tweet and facebook his family and mates of course) :wink:

Maybe it was extreme but the Afghan people have little reason to love the americans, considering that the americans invaded their country and let's not forget they killed over 8,000 innocent people including women and young children.

Well yes the americans would say that the copies of the Qur'an were burned by mistake, wouldn't they!?

Let me tell you there is no way the Qur'an can be mistaken for any other book. It is a distinct book. My own copy has The Holy Qur'an embossed in large gold letters on the cover. (I would include a picture of it with this post but unfortunately my 5 year old grandson effectively killed my laptop by knocking a full cup of tea over it so at the moment I am using his dad's desktop till it has been repaired.

The americans cannot say they were mixed with other books because I can tell you that the Qur'an is held as sacred and no muslim would cover it with anything - nothing goes above the Qur'an.

If not all then there is at least one copy of the Qur'an in almost every muslim household. But every muslim child learns the Qur'an from cover to cover by heart.

As for how the people found out about them being sent to be burned - probably from the staff who are more than likely local muslim workers.

quran.jpg

6182870.jpg

quran22.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cleo, I am not out to dis your religion or anything because to me ALL religion is a load of made up mumbo jumbo but I must admit that whenever we see acts of murder like this, you very rarely see any muslim who will come out and openly condem it.

There are always "excuses" or "reasons behind it"..... You hear muslims in Britain say constantly that Islam is a peaceful religion and yet some will murder others over a book!! I'm sorry, but to me that is absolutely vile and has no place in any society; even one that wants to live in the 12th century

invading a country and slaughtering it's people is not vile?

Of course it is..... it is utterly vile and many many people in this country have condemned the likes of Bliar and Bush for carrying out the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.... and I will do it openly here....will you condemn the murders of American and British troops in the same way?

and if the west is such an evil place full of infidels and non believers, why do so many muslims come here?

Of course it is..... it is utterly vile and many many people in this country have condemned the likes of Bliar and Bush for carrying out the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.... and I will do it openly here....will you condemn the murders of American and British troops in the same way?

and if the west is such an evil place full of infidels and non believers, why do so many muslims come here?

No. Not unless they were in uk/us. Definately not as an invading force in another country. Like would you have condemned the british if thay killed any invading germans/german forces? No of course you wouldn't. And many muslims in the uk have condemned the actions of the muslim extremists, as they have done here.

Many muslims were born there.

• Upvote 1

No. Not unless they were in uk/us.

Many of the Muslims killed in Afghanistan are not even from Afghanistan and have as much right being there as the troops do and are little more than a mercenary army..... There have even been Bristish born Muslims captured and killed there.

The war is wrong on both side Cleo, but while you still have these misguided idiots who will walk into a market place full of women and children and detonate bombs in the crazy belief that it is their religious duty to do so, this will never stop...

And then you have the likes of Bin Laden and his successors that keep spouting the infidel rhetoric ad infinitum.... and the likes of Bush Bliar and Obama who think it is their right to defend against it all....

And many muslims in the uk have condemned the actions of the muslim extremists, as they have done here.

I must have missed that one then

The war is wrong on both side Cleo, but while you still have these misguided idiots who will walk into a market place full of women and children and detonate bombs in the crazy belief that it is their religious duty to do so, this will never stop...

They are not misguided. They are just not in their right minds. They have been brainwashed into believing it is what Allah wants them to do and by sacrificing themselves for Allah they will spend eternity in paradise with Him. They do not realise that they are being used as fodder to do the work of the 'generals' who remain safe in their seclusion.

Anyone believing there's "an eternity in paradise" after our short stay on Earth, certainly are "not in their right minds", which suggests our security services need to start way upstream by de-programming these idiots at a young age and banning faith schools. :wink:

pffffffffffffffffffffffft

An eternity in the black abyss of oblivion for you then oh wise one! :blink:

They are not misguided. They are just not in their right minds. They have been brainwashed into believing it is what Allah wants them to do and by sacrificing themselves for Allah they will spend eternity in paradise with Him. They do not realise that they are being used as fodder to do the work of the 'generals' who remain safe in their seclusion.

But can they not read for themselves? Surely in the good book, it does not tell them to kill others to gain rewards in the "afterlife"

I am afraid I nothing about the koran as religion is not my thing; my sister however is a scholar of religion and did her thesis at University on Islam (although that was about 30 years ago!!)