Are you brown because....

Cleopatra

Mary, you look like you could have been one of those teachers who made going to school a pleasure, unlike the tyrants who were teaching in my school days. :wink:

OMG. One of them had a phrase she shouted at the pupils on a regular basis - WOE BETIDE YOU! - she was a nightmare of a teacher who made the pupils tremble!

nor would they change her kitchen light bulb when that went and so she phoned me (give them their due though they did stand there and watch me so I guess they know how to do it now)

the reason they don't change light bulbs etc is............

having to stick to the bloody stupid rules, regulations and boxes they are given to tick or they loose their jobs or get sued

Elff n safety innit <_<

but then they throw the elephant in the room which is compensation for personal injury.... that has overtaken the elf and safety excuses and is leading to a continuation of this madness....

People are more scared of being sued and having to pay out so they take the easy option and ban anyone from doing anything for which they haven't been on a training course or have a qualification for.

No doubt the 20's nonsense lot said to the council that they would be wide open for increased levels of compen claims if they didn't adopt the 20 limits and there was an accident.... wouldn't suprise me!