Big Storm Sunday night 9/10th March watch out for 80mph

Government officials are holding emergency meeting tonight (Sun) re the looming storms. Oooh can they stop it happening :D

People are warned to stay inside as winds of up to 80mph, rain and hailstones are set to batter the country in two waves.

South Wales and southern England are expected to worst affected but the Met Office has severe weather warnings in place for all of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and southern and central Scotland.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown will be briefed over the telephone. (Guess he's somewhere hot and sunny :D )

Southerly winds are expected to strengthen during the early hours of Monday causing severe gales. After a brief respite, further westerly severe gales are forecast for later in the day and into the early hours of Tuesday."

The strong winds will combine with spring high tides to significantly elevate the water levels along the coast are likely to cause some flooding.

OK so I am bored :D:P:roll: Can't see these gales being anywhere near as bad as the ones last year when it took me 6 hours to drive the 3 miles home from work :roll:

The reason why they appear to take it so seriously this time is because the south is going to be affected. I doubt they would care so much if it just hit the north.....look at the difference in news coverage last year re: the floods......the ones up north were far worse and yet it was the southern ones getting all the attention....

Warrington's Wire FM just said it's blowing a gale outside :confused:

There's a bit of a breeze here in Stockton Heath and the sun is peeping through so which part of Warrington is getting battered :confused: :confused: