Too Cold?

observer

The weather presenters seem to be taking delight in telling us that the weather is getting colder - slightly below freezing. It's -42c in E/Europe and minus a few vagrants or pensioners, they seem to survive. Mind you - I guess the Energy Companies will be raking it in?! :huh:

Yup!, not been a bad winter for us 'wrinklies' so far though, up to this week it's managed to stay pretty well above zero! :D .

Not as cold this morning as it was yesterday though Bill as the Manchester Ship Canal wasn't frozen today.

It's lovely in the daytime especially if you walk in the sun though. Here's hoping we have some snow tomorrow :oops::D

Hey! Dizz I went down Greenall's avenue to see what was going on and to have a look at the large cast iron pipes they had dug out of the ground but couldn't get near for the contractors barriers so cma round into Ellesmere Road and took some tele photo shots from there and there was ice on the canal, that was about 1035 this morning. :D

Gosh my eyes are going as well as my mind :unsure:

I put some photo's of some of the old pipes in the photo section for you earlier (topic Sewer Pipes). Probably not the ones you were after though as these were dug up from the site not Greenall Ave.

Gosh my eyes are going as well as my mind :unsure:

I put some photo's of some of the old pipes in the photo section for you earlier (topic Sewer Pipes). Probably not the ones you were after though as these were dug up from the site not Greenall Ave.

Same pipes Dizz - have a look on your sewer pipe topic . :wink:

I am really NOT enjoying today's rain and my icicles are still growing :shock:

Some great ones hanging of cars today but I didn't have my camera with me.

Guess it's just the same where you all are, Cleo excluded of course, but as such I will bore you all anyway :lol:

I still have my very own skating rink in the back yard which we've had all day sice the rain started to freeze on impace and the poor dog can't even walk on it. I thought it was supposed to be getting warmer tonight so how come it's still freezing :shock:

After trying to walk to the village at 4pm and nearly falling over 3 times on what just looked like wet pavements we may be doomed tomorrow if it doesn't stop raining and freezing.

Just out of interest has anyone seen any gritters out and about in your areas or any signs of them having been out as I haven't and we've been through town and walked around here a few times today :evil:

I wish we had just had a sprinkling of snow like they said we were getting as I don't like rain and i certainly don't like rain which continues to freeze on impact :cry:

I remember doing a Suez Canal transit in winter, it was, as usual, hot in the Red Sea and Suez, and we were all wearing our tropical uniforms (white shirts and shorts). 12 hours (and 100 miles further north) later, emerging into the Mediterranean, we were in our "blues" and shivering. No wonder I know that the Global Warming "science" is a scam. :D :grin: :D

not much snow in Warrington.........just like the old days....

I can put up with that!, just made myself a cuppa', looked out of the window to a freezing fog, a layer of frozen sleet covering the ground and icicles hanging from the street light, it's a many years since seeing these kind of conditions, pity those that have to travel to work today. :blink:

Pity the poor dog walkers (me for one) two feet against four and a downhill gradient of sheet ice to negotiate before we got to the field. a bit better going on the grass though.

Also pity the poor dog trying to cock a leg and sliding slowly away from the tree as the base was covered in ice. Every time he cocked he slid away managed on the fourth attempt though bless him. Didn't help that I was chuckling away in the back ground. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:

You all are reminding me of the good old days before central heating when I would get up out of bed and find all the windows covered with pretty ice patterns that made me shiver. Not forgetting the frozen pipes! None of that here :wink: The only talg (ice) here is in the freezer. :lol::lol::lol:

No offence intended Cleo, I would still rather live here, just wish the climate was not so unpretictable. :roll: