spammers

Bazj

which is what I suggested I believe (before I was insulted by being called as annoying as Observer....... :D )

No Baz..... you were called annoying as you kept posting all the time saying 'and another one'... like we hadn't noticed them :P

You did of course suggest admin approval and now 'we' have got it. :D

It was a very good suggestion of yours too as I said at first (do you feel more valued now :lol: ) ..... although one which would/could/is a little more difficult due to the number of Admin we have.

In addition it also needed some work and changes to be made.... plus of course a willing Admin volunteer to man it.

Sadly (because of your constant posts, little jibes and obsession wit them) it has resulted in poor Gary being chained to his desk and laptop and being fed watery soup by intravenous drip until further notice. I do hope his family and friends check on him from time to time as they could feed him donuts every now and again too. Perhaps we should form a rota.

Even worse than that it has resulted in me having bugger all to do tonight... I am now pretty much redundant other than having to revert back to the more mundane task of simply reading everyone's posts on all topics..... only to find out that you are not all swearing or being rude to each other at all.

So my only other alternative now is to get out of the habit of being on here all the time but until I do I shall probably just post boring and long winded replies like this one for something to do that people will just have to put up with (do you feel guilty now) :lol:

I'm missing the spammers already :P:lol:

No Baz..... you were called annoying as you kept posting all the time saying 'and another one'... like we hadn't noticed them :P

You did of course suggest admin approval and now 'we' have got it. :D

It was a very good suggestion of yours too as I said at first (do you feel more valued now :lol: ) ..... although one which would/could/is a little more difficult due to the number of Admin we have.

In addition it also needed some work and changes to be made.... plus of course a willing Admin volunteer to man it.

Sadly (because of your constant posts, little jibes and obsession wit them) it has resulted in poor Gary being chained to his desk and laptop and being fed watery soup by intravenous drip until further notice. I do hope his family and friends check on him from time to time as they could feed him donuts every now and again too. Perhaps we should form a rota.

Even worse than that it has resulted in me having bugger all to do tonight... I am now pretty much redundant other than having to revert back to the more mundane task of simply reading everyone's posts on all topics..... only to find out that you are not all swearing or being rude to each other at all.

So my only other alternative now is to get out of the habit of being on here all the time but until I do I shall probably just post boring and long winded replies like this one for something to do that people will just have to put up with (do you feel guilty now) :lol:

I'm missing the spammers already :P:lol:

Bugger em! Dizz, concentrate on'th Gaiety Theatre luv!. :wink::D

Back on the spam, there’s hope on the horizon that finally the powers that be are actually starting to respond to these unwelcome messages. Today I had several taxi companies call me reporting that they‘d received letters from the fraud department of their network providers claiming they were sending out unsolicited spam text messages. :shock:

Of course we don’t do things like that but we do send out tens of thousands of genuine texts each day and apparently, we use exactly the same type of equipment, as do the professional spammers. Hopefully I can resolve the matter for all those threatened with closure but in the meantime its good to know that someone’s finally got round to trying to stop it all.

Bill :)

Gosh that sounds bad. I've rarely had unsolicited text messages so I must remember not to use taxi's until you and the powers that be sort it all out Bill :shock:

I must ask my lad if he's had any cos he's used a few taxi's lately and was saying he received txt messages saying they were on their way etc so they must have stored his name and phone number on their system when he rang them :unsure: Are they allowed to do that without telling you they are ?

I think you’ve misunderstood but the texts used on the taxi systems simply advise people which car is about to pull up and it’s done at the request of the customer so it can't be called spam. It’s there for your safety so don’t stop using taxis because of this.

As for them storing your number and address details, they all do this and there’s nothing illegal about it providing they only use the information to assist in the running of their business. If you don’t want people to know it then it’s your responsibility to withhold it but in any case, most people’s number and addresses are in the phone book.

I'm not bothered really Bill and anyone can have my number really as long as they don't mither me and if they do I just say it's a TPS line and I'm going to fine them :lol::lol:

So not sure which bit I misunderstood as I thought you said the fraud dept had contacted many taxi companies claiming they were sending out unsolicited spam text messages :unsure:

If they weren't being sent to customers or other businesses then who were they being sent too. I don't get it but I am a little frazzled and overworked today.

(Algy if you are reading it's all your fault and you will be hearing from me very shortly after I have had a lie down in a very dark room :P Damn TLB !! )

I'm not bothered really Bill and anyone can have my number really as long as they don't mither me and if they do I just say it's a TPS line and I'm going to fine them :lol::lol:

So not sure which bit I misunderstood as I thought you said the fraud dept had contacted many taxi companies claiming they were sending out unsolicited spam text messages :unsure:

If they weren't being sent to customers or other businesses then who were they being sent too. I don't get it but I am a little frazzled and overworked today.

(Algy if you are reading it's all your fault and you will be hearing from me very shortly after I have had a lie down in a very dark room :P Damn TLB !! )

Blummin' eck' Dizz, wot' ave' I done now?, when I'm summoned by the Mrs I immediately know I've done something wrong, but never know what it is until the tirade ends, and even then I'm not always sure what it was that I'd done. :unsure::D :grin:

You should know damn well what you have done Algy... you (unintentionally?) set me on a quest again :P

I was digesting the eagles messages last night but brain power was lacking... so I switched on at 8.15am this morning to re-digest it all and make comment but there was a question mark which related the code of TLB.

In my quest to find the truth I got obsessed...big time...77 'findings' later I slapped myself...hence the eagle has not yet flown back... but it was 1815 by the way as 1848 was the jnr. :wink:

PS Jnr seems to have interbred... tut tut

SQUALK :lol:

Later's Algy....... and thanks (honestly, thanks) :wink:

A damm site more interesting than spammers and text messages though :lol: sorry all) :oops:

You should know damn well what you have done Algy... you (unintentionally?) set me on a quest again :P

I was digesting the eagles messages last night but brain power was lacking... so I switched on at 8.15am this morning to re-digest it all and make comment but there was a question mark which related the code of TLB.

In my quest to find the truth I got obsessed...big time...77 'findings' later I slapped myself...hence the eagle has not yet flown back... but it was 1815 by the way as 1848 was the jnr. :wink:

PS Jnr seems to have interbred... tut tut

SQUALK :lol:

Later's Algy....... and thanks (honestly, thanks) :wink:

A damm site more interesting than spammers and text messages though :lol: sorry all) :oops:

Interesting stuff, Eh!, Dizz, I think young Tommy put it about a bit.:wink::D

The fraud people had sent a standard letter to everyone that was sending high volumes of text using a certain type of equipment. Because the spammers use exactly the same equipment as we do and they can see this and the assumption is therefore that it’s most likely Spam.

It’s not exactly the right way of doing things, accusing people based solely on what equipment their using. That’s rather like saying that if you drive a Mercedes with darkened windows then your most likely a drug dealers.

:lol::lol: I seem to remember that YOU did Baz..... :lol:

Although you should not try to take all the credit as after all it was Gary who, thanks to his vast knowledge, actually knew how to do it.... and now has to sit there doing it... ain't that right Gary :wink::D

And they were being vetted before anyway but then they became human and more insistant :P You'd make a good spammer Baz as would I :lol:

:lol::lol: I seem to remember that YOU did Baz..... :lol:

Although you should not try to take all the credit as after all it was Gary who, thanks to his vast knowledge, actually knew how to do it.... and now has to sit there doing it... ain't that right Gary :wink::D

And they were being vetted before anyway but then they became human and more insistant :P You'd make a good spammer Baz as would I :lol:

Thanks to the vast knowledge of Baz and Dizzy spammers can no longer gain access to the forum - but now I have also accidentally banned a genuine person who can't post now!:oops:

I would appeal to anyone thinking of joining to use a pretty normal name and not just letters please!:roll:

Hey you don't try and blame that one on me and Baz you muppet :lol::P

I'm sure you should be able to unblock them so they can at least re-register though :wink:

(you're not a muppet really as like you say they should use more sensible names... hope the spammers aren't reading though)