Safest place for hols?

observer

Obs if it's just a winter tan you are after why don't you have one of those David Dickinson spray tans :lol:

Joking aside if you really fancy a holiday to one of the places you mentioned in your first post I'm sure that given some advanced warnings the rebels and pirates would be more than willing to go away for a short while rather than to face any possibly of bumping into you :P

Joking aside if you really fancy a holiday to one of the places you mentioned in your first post I'm sure that given some advanced warnings the rebels and pirates would be more than willing to go away for a short while rather than to face any possibly of bumping into you

don't be giving them no advanced warnings Dizzy.... I was up for having a whip round to send Obs to Somalia, Kenya or Cairo!! :D

don't be giving them no advanced warnings Dizzy.... I was up for having a whip round to send Obs to Somalia, Kenya or Cairo!! :D

:lol::lol: I don't think Cleo would like him going to Cairo but no need for a whip round as I was wondering about asking my brother in law if there's space for Obs on his big ship. :lol:

How quickly can you pack and get down south Obs Eye patch and parrot at the ready... you could be a sort of decoy :P:wink:

With FO warnings about Kenya, piracy off Somalia and F/East; civil unrest in M/East - where's it safe to go for a holiday? :unsure:

Pack your bags and head off to the Canaries - This time of year you are more likely to get the best sun in Purto Rico on Grand Canaria or the south end of Tenerife.

Obs, sunny Malta is the safest place on earth and still very warm and sunny at this time of year. Enjoy!!!

Bren.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Compared to other countries in the EU Malta ranks high for robberies, average for generic thefts, automobile thefts, burglaries and assaults, However when contrasted to similar-sized islands, Malta is way above the norm ranking high for generic theft, automobile theft, robberies and burglaries.

• 2 weeks later...

Cairo may be safer once those nice islamists take over :P

As usual talking a load of 'She-ite' Nick lad. :wink::D

Can only agree with you algy, but take the first e out. :blink:

From the BBC

"The final results in Egypt's first post-Mubarak parliamentary elections confirm an overwhelming victory for Islamist parties.

The Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) won the largest number of seats under Egypt's complex electoral system.

The hardline Salafist Nour party came second."

I hate to say "told you so" but..... No, I don't think it is a good thing , just not surprised it's gone that way.

Been to both Cairo and Kenya in recent years but try as I might I just couldn't get the wife taken hostage. :twisted:

I reckon that providing you follow the advice of the holiday reps and take a few basic precautions you shouldn't have any problems. In any case, a little bit of risk all adds to the excitement.

Bill :)

From the BBC

"The final results in Egypt's first post-Mubarak parliamentary elections confirm an overwhelming victory for Islamist parties.

The Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) won the largest number of seats under Egypt's complex electoral system.

The hardline Salafist Nour party came second."

I hate to say "told you so" but..... No, I don't think it is a good thing , just not surprised it's gone that way.

Why the **** are you taking such an interest in the Egyptian Election? You need to worry more about the muppets in your own government.

Been to both Cairo and Kenya in recent years but try as I might I just couldn't get the wife taken hostage. :twisted:

I reckon that providing you follow the advice of the holiday reps and take a few basic precautions you shouldn't have any problems. In any case, a little bit of risk all adds to the excitement.

You have no worries about visiting Egypt. The Egyptians love the British, including observer. :lol:

That's given me an idea Bill, going on the net to see if there are any good offers going on a mini cruise off the Somali coast this summer, if so I shall book the wife and sister in law on one. :twisted::D :grin: :D