Chris Preddie OBE

Nick Tessla

Who's Chris Preddie???

Chris Preddie is the cousin of Rick and Danny Preddie, the things that murdered 10 year old Damiola Taylor. Chris Preddie was a knife carrying gang member who was a drug dealer and robbed people but now a youth worker.

Dorothy Pritchard I know from seeing her around regularly when we stayed in Warrington. She is a very lovely, generous lady who has done much work for MENCAP and, if anyone deserves an OBE, she does.

• Upvote 1

I never said that HE robbed a bank, I was using an analogy. However he was foung guilty of theft. Does it matter where he stole from or whom?

So,in your eyes, the fact that he served a prison sentence and paid a £5million fine, and then went on to rebuild his life and business and donate millions to charity counts for nothing? He is to be an outcast from society forever? Good job he didn't murder someone then. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're all heart Wolfie. :wink: :wink:

Chris Preddie is the cousin of Rick and Danny Preddie, the things that murdered 10 year old Damiola Taylor. Chris Preddie was a knife carrying gang member who was a drug dealer and robbed people but now a youth worker.

Which news report did you read Cleo, the reports I read said that yes, he sold "drugs" - cannabis (big deal) no mention of him robbing people or whether he carried a knife, and certainly no talk of actually using one - who is his cousins should be no reason to deny him the honour (a lot of us have relatives with dodgy pasts or are total scumbags), If anything it adds to what he has achieved.

In any case

..joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons which need no repentence LUKE CHAPTER 15 VERSE 7

Leaving aside the religious aspect, I feel that society should have some "joy" over people who turn their lives around, particuarly when they can be an example to others from teh same background.

I have great admiration for anyone who can turn their life around, but does that warrant a CBE?

There are many people who have been youth workers and model citizens all their lives and who will never get an honour.

The same for all those who give regularly to charity, whether it be £30 or £30m, who decides at what amount it warrants being honoured. IMO it is far easier to give someone elses money to charity than that which has been worked hard for.

I have great admiration for anyone who can turn their life around, but does that warrant a CBE?

There are many people who have been youth workers and model citizens all their lives and who will never get an honour.

Very true - and personally I would like to see more of them them awarded honours rather than many of the usual recipients who already receive substantial material rewards for their activities.

However , in this case, I feel that it is more than just about awarding the individual - it is the message that it semds out to those from a background similar to the recipient - a message made more powerful by the fact that he has not, in the past, been a model citizen. In that way he may be seen by kids as "one of us" rather than "them" - the establishment.

A relative of the killers of Damilola Taylor has been awarded an OBE despite boasting about robbing people in an internet video.

BY HIS OWN ADMISSION:-

In the video – called His Life In Rhyme – Mr Preddie is seen walking around Peckham where he says he spent his childhood.

In one scene, he walks under a railway arch where he claims he and his gang used to ‘rob’ people and take drugs. He says to camera: ‘These are the parts where we just used to smoke, hang out, wait for victims to come, so that, basically, rob people and stuff like that. I think this was like the robbing grounds.’

Chris used to carry a knife when he was younger, but now he works with children to teach them about the dangers of doing just that

Very true - and personally I would like to see more of them them awarded honours rather than many of the usual recipients who already receive substantial material rewards for their activities.

However , in this case, I feel that it is more than just about awarding the individual - it is the message that it semds out to those from a background similar to the recipient - a message made more powerful by the fact that he has not, in the past, been a model citizen. In that way he may be seen by kids as "one of us" rather than "them" - the establishment.

Try telling that to Damiola's family! :angry: