Cleaning advice please

Geoffrey Settle

last one I bought was from the place that is advertised by the blue aliens. Was advertised as ideal for dog hairs and is not too heavy and quite a reasonable price at the time. Bagless but not an upright one. Morphy Richards was less than a hundred if I remember rightly. Only problem I have with it is that because my dog has long hair it clogged the turbo brush attachment. but otherwise is working quite well.

We've got a Morphy Richards Bagless Cyclonic (upright) 2000W with super reach hose and cable with carpet x3/wood/laminate/tools settings and hepa filters. It also came with a turbo brush attachement for dog hairs but we've never bothered with that as it gets them up fine in the normal hoover settings. (I tend to hoover the equivalent of a small dog up each day thanks to our scruffy four legged friend.)

We've had it about 3 years though but think it cost around £120 and has been excellent. (watch it break now I've said that :shock: )

Stay away from those dyson roller ball things as the mother in law bought one of the light weight ones (£350) and even I couldn't manouvre it on her slightly thicker carpets and while we thought it was ok on her flat pile kitchen carpet the replacement we bought her from tesco for £49.99 the same day picked up what the dyson had left behind and despite being a bit heavier it was actually a damn site easier for her to push and use. She's made up with it :wink:

CSI Geoff here Cleo - I get the sense that you aren't where we might think you are with your through away ex-pat comments.

Given you are no longer in the UK and possibly across the water somewhere or just teasing us - what instument do you now use to keep you abode clean and tidy?

PS thanks for you comments in the 'other place' about woodlands - much appreciated. :wink:

CSI Geoff here Cleo - I get the sense that you aren't where we might think you are with your through away ex-pat comments.

Given you are no longer in the UK and possibly across the water somewhere or just teasing us - what instument do you now use to keep you abode clean and tidy?

PS thanks for you comments in the 'other place' about woodlands - much appreciated. :wink:

That's a bit of a personal question to ask, don't you think Geoffrey? We do have mod cons here you know. Flush toilets, showers, running water, electricity, aircon, microwave cooker, satellite television (HD), video recorders, computers, mobile phones, etc., etc., only thing is we don't have a gas pipline and have to buy our gas in bottles (delivered to the houses by a man with a horse and cart). We do not have carpets down in summer, prefering the coolness of the attractively tiled floors which we keep clean with a sweeping brush (easy to use) and water and squeegy mop (again easy to use). Even when we put down carpets in winter they are easy enough to sweep clean with a brush, bearing in mind that we do not wear shoes indoors but instead take them off at the entrance door to avoid bringing in the dirt of the streets. Feather dusters attract any dust on fixtures and fittings and ornaments without redistributing it.

We are not out in the jungle! We are in Africa, in the Arab Republic of Egypt to be precice. Ok? It has to be ok because I do not feel an obligation to provide further information.

"PS thanks for you comments in the 'other place' about woodlands - much appreciated. :wink:"

Despite the fact that I live with my immediate family permanently in Egypt now, I still retain an interest in my hometown, where I was born and raised and, until recently spent a great deal of time on and off, my family and friends still living there. ok?