Lateral Thinking.

Wingnut

Acting on a tip off, the police raid a flat to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like, but they know his name and that he is inside the flat.

The police burst in and discover a bricklayer, a taxi driver, an electrician, and a fireman playing cards. Without any hesitation or comunication, they immediatley arrest the fireman.

How did they know they had the right person?

The fireMAN is the only male person. The bricklayer, electritian, and taxi driver were all female. The words He and His were mentioned three times in the first paragraph,

I'll get me coat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TAXI!!!

[ 27.01.2008, 22:27: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

sorry but I have to wear my pedantic hat,

for latteral thinking puzzles, the hidden answer must be the ONLY possible answer given all the facts, so this one doesnt work.

other answers could have been

the bricklayer, all the others where known to the police by other names as the clue states that the police knew only his name and not what he looked like.

The Taxi driver all the others were 3'1" midgets and the murderer stabbed the 7foot victim in the eye.

The Electrician as he was the only person in the room, his compadre's were online gaming buddies.

:crazy: