'Chuffing' Christmas News Letters

algy

How many of you out there are receiving these boring Christmas news letters, we have had two so far and why people insist on sending them defeats me, they are the most boring method of written communication I have personally come across, who the 'BH' wants to know what their family has and is doing in such great detail, what party they have attended what they wore and who else was there, the two we have received so far (expecting more to come) are from people that we have had no contact with for many years other than sending Christmas cards to and if we wished to be in possession of the in depth knowledge of those and their families we would have visited them long ago, so just on the off chance that you read the posts on this forum either as members or visitors please take note - STOP BLOODY WELL SENDING THEM!!!. :roll::x

I get them and it always makes me feel that I'm a bit uncaring for not doing the same. I'm off out shortly to meet up with some friends that always send us one but at least they do make the effort each and every year to travel back to Warrington all the way from south Wales.

Bill :)

dead simple way of getting even.

Send them one with the lines.

"spent the last three days replying to all the news letters that people insist on sending me".

do it in word print it out however many times you need to and then send it off.

Better still spend a hour writing down the minutest detail of the most boring day you have ever spent ensuring that it covers at least four A4 sheets and then send that. Only ever had one sent to me and that was from somebody that i had been talking to on the night they described in their newsletter. I sent a reply to them "Me too" :mrgreen:

dead simple way of getting even.

Send them one with the lines.

"spent the last three days replying to all the news letters that people insist on sending me".

do it in word print it out however many times you need to and then send it off.

Better still spend a hour writing down the minutest detail of the most boring day you have ever spent ensuring that it covers at least four A4 sheets and then send that. Only ever had one sent to me and that was from somebody that i had been talking to on the night they described in their newsletter. I sent a reply to them "Me too" :mrgreen:

Nice one! Sid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You rotten lot (well Algy and Evil's anyway) !!

At least the people sending you these 'news letters' are making an effort.

Have you ever sent them a letter, phoned them, or tried to make contact in another way the past year?

I recon they only send you these special xmas update letters in the hope that maybe one day you too will make the effort in return as maybe they would really like to know how you all are and what you have been upto and to keep in touch :P

You rotten lot (well Algy and Evil's anyway) !!

At least the people sending you these 'news letters' are making an effort.

Have you ever sent them a letter, phoned them, or tried to make contact in another way the past year?

I recon they only send you these special xmas update letters in the hope that maybe one day you too will make the effort in return as maybe they would really like to know how you all are and what you have been upto and to keep in touch :P

Dizz, these are not personal letters they are embellished circulars, last years included a detailed account of how they had enjoyed a particular function that they had attended and how pleased they were to see us all there and that Uncle so! and so! was looking well, never heard of the function and certainly did not attend it plus who the Hell! was Uncle so! and so!, the letter heading is never addressed to us in particular and never a reference to how the recipient is keeping, not received this years from that person as yet no doubt they will be saying how pleasant it was to meet us in Antarctica or some other obscure or exotic place that we have never been to. As far as ringing them I would rather telephone Muammar Gaddafi's family to see how they were getting on. :roll:

Dizz, these are not personal letters they are embellished circulars, last years included a detailed account of how they had enjoyed a particular function that they had attended and how pleased they were to see us all there and that Uncle so! and so! was looking well, never heard of the function and certainly did not attend it plus who the Hell! was Uncle so! and so!, the letter heading is never addressed to us in particular and never a reference to how the recipient is keeping, not received this years from that person as yet no doubt they will be saying how pleasant it was to meet us in Antarctica or some other obscure or exotic place that we have never been to. As far as ringing them I would rather telephone Muammar Gaddafi's family to see how they were getting on. :roll:

Sounds like one of our posters who gives chapter and verse. 8)

Oooh sorry Algy I thought you meant they were hand written letters to you and your family from more distant family and friends (who you know) telling you what they had been upto and asking about yourself.

Goodness me... the ones you describe do sound weird :shock:

Oooh sorry Algy I thought you meant they were hand written letters to you and your family from more distant family and friends (who you know) telling you what they had been upto and asking about yourself.

Goodness me... the ones you describe do sound weird :shock:

That's OK Dizz, probably didn't explain myself to well. not unusual. I suppose my initial post was a bit aggressive, for me any how, obviously you have never receive this type of communication, perhaps it's peculiar to my age group who have discovered the ease of electronic mail communication but have then neglected the important skills of etiquette, no big deal, however it can be very annoying to receive these meaningless circulars.

Had my customary Sunday night beverage so going to hit the pillow and give it the big Zzzzzzz's now.

Good night all.

Algy - I know that they can be a bit pompus these letters with the authur biggin up their life and family about their achievements but they do put a great deal of effort into them.

Make it a New Year's Resoltion to produce an even bigger more outlandish one for your family by this time next year. You obviously missed out climbing everest, appearing on strictly, auditions for the Manchester X Factor - :rolleyes:

In 2012 write down your Olympic achievements, appearing in the semi-final at Wembley - plenty of scop and with PHoto Shop you can't go wrong - I know that Dizzy will have loads of idaes for your 2012 newsletter - not sure if Cleo would appreciate a copy of your 2013 Calendar though it would depend on a couple of things. :mrgreen::mellow:

Algy - I know that they can be a bit pompus these letters with the authur biggin up their life and family about their achievements but they do put a great deal of effort into them.

Make it a New Year's Resoltion to produce an even bigger more outlandish one for your family by this time next year. You obviously missed out climbing everest, appearing on strictly, auditions for the Manchester X Factor - :rolleyes:

In 2012 write down your Olympic achievements, appearing in the semi-final at Wembley - plenty of scop and with PHoto Shop you can't go wrong - I know that Dizzy will have loads of idaes for your 2012 newsletter - not sure if Cleo would appreciate a copy of your 2013 Calendar though it would depend on a couple of things. :mrgreen::mellow:

Doesn't really 'bug' me too much Geoff, when I started the topic my point was, was there any one else who received that type of communication, obviously not! :D

I do from my Welsh Archie who married Rainhill Shiela - their kids were doing great last year conquering the world - he still works for Guiness down south and she is still teaching. As well as another Archie and his family my wife met at kindergarten - they've migrated to Crewe and have set up their own training business for the Railways'.

I don't recall Gareth's newsletter this year but the other Archie family have sent their newsletter. My my wife it read out to me but I was updating a www thread so I wasn't in receive mode. :rolleyes: I could dig it out if you want an update.

BTW the names have been changed on the advice of my solicitor :huh: