Jeremy puts foot in it again!

observer

:blink: Seems like Jeremy has been gone and done it yet again. This time he has upset Suicide and Mental Health charities by saying in the Sun newspaper that people who committ suicide by throwing themselves in front of an oncoming train are selfish because of the delays they cause to the trains and passengers, not to mention the effect it has on the driver who sees someone on the lines but is unable to stop the train in time to avoid hitting them. :unsure:

:blink: Seems like Jeremy has been gone and done it yet again. This time he has upset Suicide and Mental Health charities by saying in the Sun newspaper that people who committ suicide by throwing themselves in front of an oncoming train are selfish because of the delays they cause to the trains and passengers, not to mention the effect it has on the driver who sees someone on the lines but is unable to stop the train in time to avoid hitting them. :unsure:

Not sure if I agree with the part about interfering with punctuality but the effect on the driver is devastating and also on the family of the person who have to deal with that terrible situation, so yes I believe he is correct in saying their act is selfish.

:unsure: I'm not sure if it is selfish or not. I mean, anyone who contemplates suicide is not in their right mind and not thinking straight in the first place but I'm quite sure nobody wakes up one day and thinks, 'I know! I will go and stop a train today, I will jump out in front of it. Good idea! It will be a laugh, it will sh*t up the driver and will delay the train and annoy the passengers because they will be late arriving at where they are going to. :blink:

Someone throwing themselves in front of a train would be a selfish act.

Someone throwing Clarkson in front of the train would be worth the delay.