Jeremy puts foot in it again!

observer

Whilst I detest Clarkson and his half baked jokes, whilst playing for a living with his boys toys; as the man said "I disagree with what you say, but I would defend to the death, your right to say it". It's called freedom of speech, time the PC Brigade just got over it. :roll:

He only said what a lot of people thinking!. :wink:

Clarksons's just a TV entertainer that you either love or hate and I almost feel sorry for those that can't understand the difference between something he would say as opposed to someone who's views you'd expect to be politically correct.

I passed a group of strikers outside Wiston Hospital yesterday. They waved their signs at me and I gave them one in return. :mrgreen:

Bill :)

Clarksons's just a TV entertainer that you either love or hate and I almost feel sorry for those that can't understand the difference between something he would say as opposed to someone who's views you'd expect to be politically correct.

I passed a group of strikers outside Wiston Hospital yesterday. They waved their signs at me and I gave them one in return. :mrgreen:

Bill :)

I like it Bill. Someone with their head screwed on. lol

Ok so I googled. :shock::evil:

What a load of tripe and hot air over a normal Clarkson jibe !

Yes maybe he shouldn't have said it but if I had been on strike yesterday I'd have just laughed at his comment as it's just how he is and says things like that all the time. Bit disappointed to hear he is a friend of "No top lip standard facial expression" Cameron though.

The thing that really rattled me was that bloody stupid woman called Karen Jennings who is apparently the 'Deputy General Secretary' for Unison. Deputy General eh... what's that all about then as she seems a very limp fish who has no sense at all when it comes to reality ? After seing her news interciew then I say ..."Sack her and feed her to the lions".

For anyyone like me who hasn't seen it she was intervied and said his comments were 'enticement to hatred and very frightening', She likened him to Gadaffi, is calling for his sacking and said by anyones standards his comments were extemist and totally frightening to anyone who had been on the marches yesterday or may march in future.

FOR GOD SAKE WOMAN GET A GRIP ON LIFE !! She certainly hasn't done UNISON or it's leaders any favours by that interview as if they are all as zombie like, stupid and as pathetic as her then ... I'd best not say anymore. PATHETIC !!!

Do you think any of that mght have been offensive ?

Naaah 8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15993549

We're living in an era of politically correct facism, every bit as totalitarian as the real thing; where "taking offence" has reached the status of a profession. I'm quite happy for the Clarksons of this world to say anything they like, which are normally calculated to wind up these folk anyway, but folk are at liberty to ignore him and move on. :unsure:

Wot inky sed.

Has he got a new book/boxed set just released?

Oh, and he works for a publicly funded body, wonderful irony there.

I don't have a problem with Clarkson, he does make me laugh sometimes. It's the nobs who think he's some kind of GOD and should be running the country who worry me.

When I saw this on TV I was annoyed because I didn't know who Jeremy Clarkson was and wondered why he was allowed to get his joke into the media.

I was also annoyed when some Labour spokeswoman came on and made a point of saying he was a "friend of David Cameron."

I shouldn't imagine they will be more than acquaintes at best - but the Labour woman was trying to make political capital out of it.

By the way, did nobody notice that a very large proportion of strikers, particularly those making speeches, were somewhat overweight. If they collectively went on a diet they could clear the national debt quite easily.

If the medics are telling us the truth, they won't live long enough to draw their pensions any way!

I was also annoyed when some Labour spokeswoman came on and made a point of saying he was a "friend of David Cameron."

I shouldn't imagine they will be more than acquaintes at best - but the Labour woman was trying to make political capital out of it.

Will you be inviting "mere acquaintes(sic)" to your house for Boxing Day lunch Egbert????