She's at it again - Helen Jones and secret plans

Nick Tessla

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baz do you think anybody in Government is suitably qualified to run the departments they head up? They aren't even chosen on ability but Political expediency. Its the same with local Government too. It would be one hell of a coincidence if the electorate of Warrington somehow managed to return exactly the right amount of correctly qualified people to serve on the many committees the Town has. Especially as these people aren't standing. I'm not saying the way its done is right but what do you suggest as an improvement? Apart, that is, from shooting everyone for a change :wink:

Pete it was many many years ago when I studied in Coventry - when it was a Poly and named after a famous vehicle pioneer - Johnny Walker plays sound of the 70's every Sunday from 3pm until 5pm - great decade great music gosh haven't 40+ years flown by. :mrgreen: Please don't ask for my CV next it got trashed on my PC last week when it died a death.

Why? do qualifications run out?

I wouldn't think so PJ although some do not stand the test of time of course as they are pointless and are no use whatsoever in real employment and in most cases they are just to get an 'addition' which flls a bit of blank space on a CV.

Not saying that your many dissertations you often refer too with regards to you various academic qualifications fall into that category of course Geoff although the latest one to do with council's and IT that you mentioned today could be :oops::wink::P

Anyway.... going back to the topic slightly... I have studied Town and Country Planning too (a few years back so it may have changed slightly now) although I did it in Warrington rather than being sent to Coventry.

I have also studied psychology, karma and now it seems..... wet snow :D

Where did all those other post suddenly come from :unsure: I was replying to what I thought was the last post and now there are 5 new ones before me.

Ooooh "type faster Dizzy or put your paintbush down... there's nowt in this game for multi tasking and there is no such qualification either " :lol:

ok so two more in the time it took me to put that :shock:

PS..... PJ, I am fully aware of what yellow snow is thanks... it tastes of lemons.

PPS BAZ... What is a 'serial student'... I that one who can't spell but likes cornflakes or rice crispies :D

ok so two more in the time it took me to put that :shock:

What is a 'serial student'...

A serial student is a person who seems to spend his/her entire life either at school, college or university studying for the next qualification.

Years ago, we worked on Salford University for almost a year and got to recognise the ones..... mid to late 30's and still "diggin' it with the students" and on their third or fourth degree; but never wanting to actually leave and get a job!

Unfortunately, having the qualifications does not always mean you can do the job! :D

What time frame are you referring to and can you clarify how being on the planning committee is related to whatever it is that you are on about after all I wasn't on the planning committee by myself?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHH !!!!! :angry::angry:

My own fault for hoping for a straight answer from a politician, I suppose <_<

I will try and put it as simply as possible

1) The news article, from November of this year, which I quoted, refers to you being forced to appologise for allegations re proposed developments at Peel Hall

2) Were you a member of the planning committee at that time you made these allegations?

3) If so then isn't your posting beginning .....

"Hi Guys,

As I am a member of the planning committee and this is my 2nd year - I abide by the rules of the committee and always state at the start of any meeting if I have any interests to declare.

As a member I must not express a view on any planning application prior to it appearing on the night of the committee. If I do so then I have to stand down from that committee on the night for that application and take no part in the proceedings.

Prior to that I can do as much research and investigation as I like but again I cannot express a view to anyone as to my thoughts on the application..............."

......a load of hogwash?

Pretty straightforwrd Geoffy Weffy.

You do sound very frustrated, anyway enough of your problems.

Q1) The news article, from November of this year, which I quoted, refers to you being forced to apologise for allegations re proposed developments at Peel Hall.

I certainly wasn't forced to do anything of the sort - but maybe that was down to journalistic license. In today's evolving politics and you must remember I'm new to being a councillor, their solicitor contacts my solicitor and an agreed statement is constructed.

Q2) Were you a member of the planning committee at that time you made these allegations?

See above an agreement was reached between solicitors and I'm keeping to my end of the bargain not to discuss the case or inflame the situation. I have told you that I have been on the committee since May 2010 and that is all Archie has advised me to say.

Q3) If so then isn't your posting beginning ...........a load of hogwash?

NO.

It's certainly gone off piste this thread and has become a soap opera... :mrgreen:

As I am a member of the planning committee and this is my 2nd year - I abide by the rules of the committee and always state at the start of any meeting if I have any interests to declare.

As a member I must not express a view on any planning application prior to it appearing on the night of the committee. If I do so then I have to stand down from that committee on the night for that application and take no part in the proceedings.

Prior to that I can do as much research and investigation as I like but again I cannot express a view to anyone as to my thoughts on the application..............."[/i]

......a load of hogwash?

You are clearly rather ignorant regarding Council rules and procedures Nick.

You are clearly rather ignorant regarding Council rules and procedures Nick.

How true - I also only have a vague idea of how a nuclear reactor works and know next to nothing about the career of silent film star Harold Lloyd. I don't find this a disadvantage on a day to day basis. :rolleyes:

I was not suggesting that Councillor Settle's description of rules and procedures was hogwash.

What I was trying to establish was whether the comments he apologised about were made while he was a member of the committee

He is quite right at me feeling frustrated - at him not being able to answer the question.