Who pays Rod King ?

boris1066

Dizzy, reference yours,

But other than some councillor's... and some other council's like Liverpool who are now basing their decision on the 'success' of Warrington .... who has really been 'influenced'. Personally speaking the campaign and the words of RK and the nonsense at times has sent me the other way and I can't get over the fact that no one else in Warrington seems to have a voice in support of the idea on here or anywhere else for that matter. Sorry but it had to be said.

Who has really been influenced ? Warrington Borough Council that’s who ! Unfortunately Dizzy, and the rest of the forumeers don’t have a voice at Council meetings so the 20’s campaign is pushing on an open door. The only sane foot in that door is Councillor Paul Kennedy, who cast the only vote against the proposal to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds bringing in the 20 mph limits.

The Directory of Social Change website identifies other org’s’ offering funding eg: trustfunding.org.(£3.9 billion), Govtfunding.org (2.3billion),companygiving.org (£850 million) It’s amazing the amount of funding available for voluntary organizations.

So I think I’ve made up my mind !!

Other than your mention of Clr Kennedy (who like you say seems to be the only one speaking out either way from within the council) I don't really understand the rest Borris, sorry,

Are you implying that all this money is actually readily available to either the 20's Plenty lot or to a council who agrees to the scheme should they decide to proceed with the plan?

If that is the case then WBC will surely approve and go down that route regardless of the outcome of any public consultation which may be carried out (and statistically analysed to suit) or indeed true facts just so they can secure additional funding from somewhere even it the cause is not really of benefit.

Any excess could of course be diverted to 'other' projects with a little bit of clever accounting or tweaking here and there... allegedly of course !

Ok so there goes my cynical head again but is it any wonder :blink: