Let's call time on the monarchy

Nick Tessla

... and I should have feelings for you, because? ..... :unsure:

Last thing I want from YOU is feelings for me, stupid! But from most of your posts it's pretty obvious you have no feelings for anyone! I have come to the conclusion that you are a racist and it would not suprise me to find that you are a fully paid up memeber of BNP! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

The topic was raised by our newbie member Nick Tessia who seems to have 'stirred up a hornet's nest' and done a runner as they say, would you join a Forum and select such a controversial topic unless you had ulterior motives, I know I wouldn't, I honestly think this person has a Not so hidden agenda, all that he/she has achieved is to set us squabbling amongst ourselves to the point that it is now becoming personal and nasty, if your out there Nick come on in and support and justify your statement. :roll:

A number of events are taking place in 2012. The Preston Guild, the Olympics and, bizarely, "celebrations" to mark the unelected head of state, in a modern "democracy", being in her post for 60 years.

She is in that position not because she was annointed by god but because her ancestors were the most succesful gangsters and, more recently, the establishment's disapproval of her uncle's lovelife.

In a country that wishes to be a democracy, any head of state should be elected. There should, of course , be nothing to stop Liz Windsor, her offspring, or their spouses, standing for election.

The excuse that the monarchy is purely symbolic has been weakened by the recent revelations that Charles Windsor is offered the right to veto legislation.

But, I hear some say, I bet you'll be taking advantage of the extra bank holiday. Of course I will- but I also enjoy spending time with my family during May bank holidays withoiut feeling obliged to dance around a maypole.

Get rid of this nonsense ( and have a fully elected upper chamber in Parliament). this is the 21st century and we are supposed to be a democracy.

nick lets call time on you SOD OFF

He is perfectly entitled to air his views, its not even as though they are particularly novel or controversial, it must have been brought up on here umpteen times.

Correct PJ but surely you don't start a topic as controversial as this and then not show up to at least enter into discussion and defend your corner.

Well if that’s the case P J perhaps some of the responses may have been appropriate but don’t you think we have enough childish stuff going on here at times? Sure we need some controversial topics to prevent thing getting too boring but there needs to be some sort of balance otherwise it puts a lot of people off coming here.

I’m 100% with Algy on this one.

Bill :)

He/she posted yesterday so given that many more seasoned posters don't even post every day maybe you should be a little more patient Algy as he/she may come back. :wink:

Unless of course all the 'sod off' posts from those who disagree and the fact that Obs and Cleo are not friends again and it has sort of gone off on a tangent now anyway has put them off coming back and joining in.

Like PJ says similar has been discussed on here many times in the past the latest being when the royal wedding was looming and no-one fell out or was particularly rude to each other about it then so why now or is it just because a newbie posted it ? :unsure:

Well if that’s the case P J perhaps some of the responses may have been appropriate but don’t you think we have enough childish stuff going on here at times? Sure we need some controversial topics to prevent thing getting too boring but there needs to be some sort of balance otherwise it puts a lot of people off coming here.

I’m 100% with Algy on this one.

Bill :)

Correct.

He/she posted yesterday so given that many more seasoned posters don't even post every day maybe you should be a little more patient Algy as he/she may come back. :wink:

Unless of course all the 'sod off' posts from those who disagree and the fact that Obs and Cleo are not friends again and it has sort of gone off on a tangent now anyway has put them off coming back and joining in.

Like PJ says similar has been discussed on here many times in the past the latest being when the royal wedding was looming and no-one fell out or was particularly rude to each other about it then so why now or is it just because a newbie posted it ? :unsure:

Sometimes you have to get people's attention.

Diz, haven't you told me to do that before now???? :shock: :shock: :shock: