Ex-Soldiers to be Teachers?

observer

A right-wing think tank (obviously a misnomer); has suggested that ex-soldiers should be trained as teachers to restore dicipline in the classroom. :roll: Seems to me, that you could recruit Attilla the Hun, Ghengis Khan, Stalin and the KGB and Hitler and the SS into our schools; all to no avail. :roll:

I thought pretty much the same thing as I read that particular news snippet, its not that the teachers dont have the "where with all" to distribute disciplin...they dont have the power, they have had every single sappling of res[pect taken away in the name of childrens right and the kids know it, they know the law is on their side and they can do whatever the hell they like.

I'm not a fan of teachers (as I have said many times before) this is the one element I am on their side for.

• 1 month later...

Most of my teachers at secondary school had served in the forces during WW2 (my French teacher was a tank commander for example) and were very strict on discipline. But I have to agree with others that even these fierce men would be reduced to quivering wrecks when faced with today's little darlings with no sanctions they could use to maintain order. :bluegrab: :bluegrab:

Scrap the Human Rights Act and bring back the cane, and we may have a chance. :roll: Interesting that a Teacher's Union is moaning about false allegations by students against teachers; destroying careers and reputations - but the little angels are only having a bit of fun. :roll: