11/11/11?

observer

Obs... can you just drink it and get it over and done with so Cleo doesn't ask you again as it's starting to bug me now. You will be ok and can always spit it out as you drink :lol:

There is apparently a saying in Cairo that say “Once you drink from the Nile you will always come back again.”

Do you really want that to happen Cleo/Obs... ahhh .... I just realised that maybe I get it now :wink::P Come back for more !!!!

I went to Egypt a few years ago and nice and hot though it is, I found it wierd that there were almost no women working anywhere....

The hotel was staffed all by men including the chambermaids (chambermen)... in fact the only women we saw working was one at the airport as security and one other in the Hard Rock cafe in Sharm.....

and one other thing I found out; never believe it when an Egyptian hotel advertises itself as 5*...... it maybe their idea of 5* but certainly not the UK or European version!!

Is that the same all over Egypt Cleo?

I went to Egypt a few years ago and nice and hot though it is, I found it wierd that there were almost no women working anywhere....

The hotel was staffed all by men including the chambermaids (chambermen)... in fact the only women we saw working was one at the airport as security and one other in the Hard Rock cafe in Sharm.....

and one other thing I found out; never believe it when an Egyptian hotel advertises itself as 5*...... it maybe their idea of 5* but certainly not the UK or European version!!

Is that the same all over Egypt Cleo?

More or less Baz, but you do see some women working in shops and stores and a lot work unseen, in offices.

Mainly when a woman marries she stays home to take care of house and husband and, when they come along, children.

Of course there are many men who will not allow their wives to work and possibly come into contact with other men.

One thing you will never see are Egyptian men and women kissing in public. You will see many men kissing each other and women kissing women but never opposite sexes. Strict moral codes.

Seriously though, My wife found it a rather intimidating atmosphere and I had to agree with her.

plus, judging by the way some of the egyptian men were behaving towards the groups of English women; I think the Egyptian women should be more worried about their men coming into contact with other women!