End of November could be end of season!

theinsider

We are outsiders to reach the playoffs, but I don't think we will reach 9th like last season. Last season we started well and ended terribly. This season is starting terribly, which means we have nothing to build on and we are building a bigger gap between us and the playoffs. I know we are getting points on the board, but the teams above us are getting more than us, with a gap anyway. Even if we do reach the playoffs, are we heck gonna win them.

Why is it we ALWAYS concede in the 10-20th minute. It is just keeping pathetic now.

yes it is finley and i would totally disagree that nick is are weakest player on tuesday yesterday definitely and as for shippo he is class best player by far on tuesday. why the hell didnt maddo or hickey start on saturday and corrigan is playin left wing now and hardwik is a weird player to comment he takes stupid risks at the back generally awful but the when needed produces magic :/ lie saturday with the overs for alan or chester away last year with the screamer :/

insider what was that comment supposed to mean about for the less intelligent ones you think we are dumb for having ambitions dreams hopes????

but in my opinion without dreams, risks, the world would never progress

so we are the clever ones mate those who stick to moral and modest beliefs are those stuck in a world without progress

insider what was that comment supposed to mean about for the less intelligent ones you think we are dumb for having ambitions dreams hopes????

but in my opinion without dreams, risks, the world would never progress

so we are the clever ones mate those who stick to moral and modest beliefs are those stuck in a world without progress

The comment was aimed at those less intelligent who may not understand the meaning of status quo - take a chill pill!

No one is dumb for having ambitions.

But you must be pretty dumb if you really do think this team is capable of gaining promotion the way it has been playing this season.

Plenty of effort, some good football - but no killer instinct to win games.

The team lacks physical presence on the pitch.

It needs a couple of big 6ft 3 bruisers - one in the centre of defence and one in midfield.

Surely any one who knows anything about football can see that?

For a start, no I didn't go. Expecting me to g0o to Newcastle on a Tuesday night (For a tenner) is ridiculous. Surprised anyone went, to be honest. I was still in School when the coach left.

Where did I have bad attitude towards the players, or said they had bad effort etc? :roll:(And I have as much a right to support the team as you do, Daymo. Does my attitude stink because I won't go to the other side of the Country for a Mickey Mouse cup game on a Tuesday? I never criticized the players)

My post wasn't aimed at the players or anything at all, I think they did well (From what I've heard on here, anyway :roll:). It was aimed at the people who make excuses up for every game and tried to glorify our 8 game unbeaten streak. No problem with the players, at all. We should be doing better though, but it sounds like they tried last night (Maybe that's because we didn't go ahead?)

The comment was aimed at those less intelligent who may not understand the meaning of status quo

In other words me, because I'm possibly the youngest here? I know what it means, and I think you're just trying to be patronizing to be honest.

I've read your posts and they are utter garbage did you even go to the game? You want I stop supporting the club then it's fine by all of us, your attitude towards them absolutely stinks.

Talk us through step by step how its moving forward then? In your answers (if you can find any)please note the league position compared to last year? The P.W.D.L record compared to last year? Our record against all teams below us? The upcoming fixtures and what we're not going to get out of them.

If you're moving forward does'nt include any of the above please list those as well.

I'm all for defending teams/people to the hilt but if its clearly not working why dress it up? I'll be sure to re-post this and your answers on the Jan 3rd 2012 when we're bottom 6.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, bottom 6 might be a bit too far. I'll say 12th, unless we get the players we need.

We need a replacement for Tommo. We have brought in some good Wingbacks who can play central, but no proper 6'0 strong ones, which is what we are lacking, the leaky defence shows that. Obvious transfer priority at the moment.

The leaky back four is a shame, we possibly have the best choice of back four in the league, but the lack of height lets it down.

For a start, no I didn't go. Expecting me to g0o to Newcastle on a Tuesday night (For a tenner) is ridiculous. Surprised anyone went, to be honest. I was still in School when the coach left.

Where did I have bad attitude towards the players, or said they had bad effort etc? :roll:(And I have as much a right to support the team as you do, Daymo. Does my attitude stink because I won't go to the other side of the Country for a Mickey Mouse cup game on a Tuesday? I never criticized the players)

My post wasn't aimed at the players or anything at all, I think they did well (From what I've heard on here, anyway :roll:). It was aimed at the people who make excuses up for every game and tried to glorify our 8 game unbeaten streak. No problem with the players, at all. We should be doing better though, but it sounds like they tried last night (Maybe that's because we didn't go ahead?)

In other words me, because I'm possibly the youngest here? I know what it means, and I think you're just trying to be patronizing to be honest.

All I have seen in your posts on this forum is you criticizing the team, so don't give me that shit. My point wasn't that your opinion didn't count, my point was merely stating that you shouldn't criticize them teams performance when you didn't see it. Fair enough if you was told by the supporters who did go to the game. Also, on another note, you say this cup is the mickey mouse cup then why are you even arsed one bit if they lost?

And Knowledge71, I am not even going to begin describing the differences between last season and this season, we have progressed this season from how we started, we lost players, and we brought in what we could, the staff will continue to do what they can to bring in other players I hope. We lost Tommo at the back, the only player in the team that was able to control every other player on our team, an outstanding defender who I hope the younger ones learnt a lot from, we had 2 strikers week in week out last season, the start of this season we played a winger upfront on his own. We've brought Maddo in, and I think he is something to look forward to watching. So by all means come back in Jan 2012 when we're 'bottom 6' and tell me I'm talking absolute rubbish, but until then, back our players.

Many people on this forum always do the same, game after game, come home and complain about the mistakes they made, why don't I hear our supporters talking about how well someone has been? Is the glass half full or half empty?

I often criticize the team because the performances have been poor. I've been to 4 wins out of 20 or so games, and 2 of them were lucky. So poor performances pretty much every week isn't worth criticising? 4 Wins in a years worth of games?

And I do praise the team, we've got a great squad and its only our mentality of stopping when we go ahead and conceding first at home which I criticize.

I have praised our players on here quite a bit, to be honest. I praised Maddo and Cross on here somewhere yesterday/day before, IIRC?

Lets say we get beat 12-0, what do you look at? Bad defending or our best player?

And the Doodson Sport cup is a waste of time, I think, but I still want us to do our best in it.

I often criticize the team because the performances have been poor. I've been to 4 wins out of 20 or so games, and 2 of them were lucky. So poor performances pretty much every week isn't worth criticising? 4 Wins in a years worth of games?

And I do praise the team, we've got a great squad and its only our mentality of stopping when we go ahead and conceding first at home which I criticize.

I have praised our players on here quite a bit, to be honest. I praised Maddo and Cross on here somewhere yesterday/day before, IIRC?

Lets say we get beat 12-0, what do you look at? Bad defending or our best player?

And the Doodson Sport cup is a waste of time, I think, but I still want us to do our best in it.

We haven't lost 12-0, but if we did I would look at a number of points.

1. The mistakes the midfield are making to be bringing the pressure onto the defenders, which then leads to point number,

2. The faults the defenders are making.

3. Whether or not the keeper is able to do anything about the shots that are going into the net.

4. (Possibly the most important) How good the opposition played. You have to take into account for future games how well a team play against you, because as soon as they find your weak spots, the training session after that they should be focusing on them weak spots. Now I ain't to sure what the team do in training sessions but I think the players are not the only ones to be at fault.

Maybe the staff could use a new approach?

It was just hypothetical, but from what you were saying you think I need to praise the players more, but I don't think we've had much to praise, recently.

I agree the staff could do more. The 10th-20th minute is a massive weak spot, We always start well until we let one in from their first attack. Like I said before, I think we've scored 1st once in about a year. That is only from home games I've been to, though. But it is a physcological thing, and would be hard to sort out, so I'm not going to criticize that too much. We have brought in the wrong types of players, but they have worked out anyway, so I won't criticize that either. But still, we should be focusing on Centerbacks and the dodgy 15th minute, which we don't seem to have been doing. But I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so I won't say too much about it.

Yes, I know where you are coming from but I have been to games where the opposite team have scored in less than a minute. I'm not saying praise the players more, I'm saying notice the good points too stuff instead of being negative about every game you go to. At the end of the day, if you carry on going to games, and looking at the good points, then it is a good reason to go back, which will boost the teams morale aswell, all it takes is that little bit of encouragement and the players boost themselves up. Good results are due to us, we have waited a while for something massive to happen to our club, and I really can feel a good future infront of us.

• Upvote 1

Instead of trading insults against fellow non league football fans and each other take a look at the table which is nearing the half way stage of the season.

Look at Warrington's fixtures in december - and then put your hand on your heart and engage your brain and say Warrington Town will be in the play-offs and win promotion. There is more chance of Chelsea winning the Premier League!

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

As I previously stated - the season as far as play-offs and promotion go will be over by the end of the month.

It is a shame after all the hard work that has gone on at Warrington over the years and I genuinely want to see all non league clubs do well.

It is great being loyal to your club - but you also need to be realistic.

Until you have a decent fan base like Chester, Chorley e.t.c. moving up the league tables is a pipe dream.

So work hard on uniting the few fans you have got and actively get people down to the ground to enjoy a decent game of football - instead of slagging each other off!

• Upvote 1

Yes, I know where you are coming from but I have been to games where the opposite team have scored in less than a minute. I'm not saying praise the players more, I'm saying notice the good points too stuff instead of being negative about every game you go to. At the end of the day, if you carry on going to games, and looking at the good points, then it is a good reason to go back, which will boost the teams morale aswell, all it takes is that little bit of encouragement and the players boost themselves up. Good results are due to us, we have waited a while for something massive to happen to our club, and I really can feel a good future infront of us.

I completely agree with what you are saying here, but I am negative about pretty much every game because it is the same every week. But this is going nowhere so I'll leave it from here, I can see what you mean. I am expecting us to have improved quite a bit by the end of the season, as long as we can bring in more quality players like we have been doing.

Instead of trading insults against fellow non league football fans and each other take a look at the table which is nearing the half way stage of the season.

<---Snip--->

So work hard on uniting the few fans you have got and actively get people down to the ground to enjoy a decent game of football - instead of slagging each other off!

I agree with all you've said here, for once.