Bottled or Tap ?

observer

Our tap water tastes and smells horrid. So we filter ours. UU would have us belive that it is ok to drink. They do not say it is good to drink. The water in Salford is very nice, at work all the water is filtered. Schools now also provide filtered water for all the children. In fact the company who provides the Water filters has just moved from Latchford to Runcorn. Its cheaper to operate from there. Now isn't that a suprise.

• 1 month later...

Not only does our tap water eminate from the River Dee above Chester, where it not only picks up background contamination from many sources, but also runs the risk and has in the past been contamintated by spillages from industrial estates, chemical works and farms. United Unitlties spend megga bucks cleanining it and shoving it down our pipes, they now want to add Flouride to it.

Who wants that in their drink? :blitzed:

Just think how that will impact the environment, more bottled water and more filtered water will be drunk, so that we can all avoid the consequence of drinking Fluoride.

Oh, and did anyone ask you whether you wanted it?

:thumbsdown:

Over here we voted against fluoride in our water, but they are still going ahead and pouring it in. Can anyone explain to me how come fluoride is a known poison, a warning on toothpaste not to swallow, and if children swallow it seek help etc. And yet it gets added to our water supply and it instantly becomes healthy and good for our well being?

When I was at the High School on the Causeway, we used to play hockey with La Porte Chemicals, Greenalls Hops, and Gin all wafting over our playings fields. SO whats wrong with a bit of tap water, we lived ith it well enough in the 40's 50's and 60's, possibly 70's. The only time I buy bottled water is when we are being ripped off after security at the airports and we have to buy a bottle with which to take our pills etc.

We don't see any water companies complaining about profits going down do we......

Originally posted by brenda Callaghan nee Goulden:

The only time I buy bottled water is when we are being ripped off after security at the airports and we have to buy a bottle with which to take our pills etc.

Yes that is quite disgraceful, I actually think each passenger should be offered one free bottle once they have gone through security.....and to keep the costs down I'm sure companies would sponsor them.

"At the end of the Second World War, the United States Government sent Charles Elliot Perkins, a research worker in chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology, to take charge of the vast Farben chemical plants in Germany. While there, he was told by German chemists of a scheme which had been worked out by them during the war and adopted by the German General Staff.

"This scheme was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water. In this scheme, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place.

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination by slowly poisoning and narcotising a certain area of the brain, and will thus make him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.

"Both the Germans and the Russians added fluoride to the drinking water of prisoners of war to make them stupid and docile."