Is obesity genetic ?

observer

Have you thought of going to a naturopath Legion? It may not be the egg and bacon fry up, or the beer and kebabs causing your weight to skyrocket, it may be some things which you would never suspect. Diets should be tailor made, the same ones don't suit everyone. Although I hope you are frying in cold pressed or extra virgin olive oil and not one of the other chemically laded oils. Low fat and low sugar is not as beneficial to your diet as you might believe either. And they leave an aftertaste.

Legion, I'll take what you say as sincere effort to lose weight - I myself used to be 10 and a half when I ran bur now I'm 14 so I have a big pot belly which I would love to lose.

You will not lose weight alone just by exercise if fact when fat turns to muscle you will put on weight - however once you get to a certain level of fitness you will be able to run faster and therefore burn off calories.

Speaking of calories do you monitor what you eat and drink and try and reduce the number of calories gradually over time. Provided you are eating less calories than you are burning off you should find that your wait and waistline will reduce.

Good luck.