All in it together (again!) -

observer

If the companies are making money then what is the problem?

these people in the top 100 companies don't just right themselves a cheque for extra cash; the increases are voted on by shareholders.... they must be happy with the companies performance and vote them an increase accordingly.

Capitalism is all about making money for those who generate money and provide employment. Fact of life I guess

I'll hardly lose any sleep over the fact that a 100 or so people have had a pay rise Obs

No Obs... but company directors and CEO's are hired on the basis of certain criteria such as increasing turnover and profit and cutting costs.... Their bonuses and salary packages are set up on that basis and they are rewarded in line with their success's.... now if they do not succeed in accordance with their terms of employment, they should be sacked.

An employee is a different animal altogether in so much as they are hired on the basis of entirely different rules and contracts. An employee is usually paid a fixed wage for a job and must do as he is instructed by either his contract or his superiors within the company. If he/she does not conform to that contrat, they will be sacked.

"They should be sacked" - errm, is that when they pull the rip cord on their golden parachute! Not envy Asp; just the expectancy, that the broadest shoulders bare the weight - while "we're all in it together"! :roll:

They should be sacked.... and many are with no "golden parachute" payments but the ones that make the headlines are the ones working for the banks or the FTSE companies. These people are a microscopically small amount of bosses in the UK; many bosses of most companies do not have massive salaries as you seem to like to promote, but most are hard working job providing bosses of small companies who; like me and my business partner have not had a pay rise for years, have had to cut pension contributions for ourselves in order to pay our taxes and VAT and and keep the company going.

You come on here and spout that all company bosses are on multi-million pound salaries and get money for doing nothing....

believe me, you couldn't be further from the truth Obs

"They should be sacked" - errm, is that when they pull the rip cord on their golden parachute! Not envy Asp; just the expectancy, that the broadest shoulders bare the weight - while "we're all in it together"! :roll:

So when you got elected to your high role in WBC, did you refuse the extra cash that went with the job, as I know that you didn't refuse the 30 odd% pay rise (that everyone voted for) :roll:

A stranger to the facts again Pierre! :roll: Which takes me onto Baz's point - if you check my post, the reference was to the TOP 100 companies, which presumably exempts your little empire Baz. The issue is one of reasonable v obscene; especially in an era when everyone supposed to be sharing the burden. :roll: