Name that Pub!.

algy

If you go down to search for their graves it might be worth you giving the church a ring first to see if they have a graveyard plan which shows the plots and names of people contained in them (St Thomas' Church in Stockton Heath have one so they probably have too).  Although the graveyard at St Wilfrids isn't huge it took me well over 2 hours to walk round reading all the headstones there trying to find my 3x great grandma's grave (died 1885) and others of her family in the same plot but I never did find it as quite a few of the old ones are illegible.  I keep meaning to ring the church but never get round to it.

Interesting to note that yours died in 1885 too.  There are 3 members of my family all buried there (3x grandma and two of her children who were adults) and they all died within months of each other in 1885.  I wonder if there was some sort of plague around here at that time.

Yes they should have copies of the death certificates in the Warrington Registry Office.  If you can't find them on their online website search worth popping in or giving them a ring as I believe they have not put all the records online yet. 

genaddict, try this site <https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1614792>

Enter the web address in Google then open up the first link on the page this will take you to the

England, Cheshire Parish Registers, 1538-2000

I just typed Chaplin into the sir name search box and Grappenhall in the place name search box and there appears to be plenty to go at, good luck!.

Thanks algy.

Ooo that sounds interesting will have to have a look for that.

Thanks for the link, I do have lots of Chaplins in the tree now, including my husband, myself and our children haha.  I do like to find out more about their lives, makes them a little more real. As you can probably tell by my name on here, I am addicted to Genealogy haha :P

Me too genaddict  and I've been doing my tree for about 3 years now, actually it may be longer than that.  It tends to completely take over my life at times much to my other halfs annoyance as he has not interest in it at all.   I daren't tell him I have subscriptions to Ancestry and Find My Past too...shhhh  :lol:8)