Fuel poverty?

observer

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baz, I know of a few cases similar re warm front. Though to be fair, it was the contractor they were using rather than the scheme its self, and once reported to the warmfront monitoring rep the contractor was instucted to fix the problem - (but he never did fix it properly.

Also not a lot could be done re the 'additional works' the contractor had talked them into. These contractors seem to get away with it because it is vulnerable elderly people they are dealing with. I'm sure all of their contractors can't be the same but some surely are out and out b******s!

I can’t see what all the fuss is about. If this site can provide enough gas to keep the country going and not dependant on imported fuel for the next 100 years, then a magnitude 2 tremor’s a microscopically small price to pay.

Reading that, it’s not 100% certain that the drilling was cause because our country apparently has about 20 such earth tremors each year.

Bill :)

:shock: £3,600 for a year!? That's more than £62 per week! Don't the morons at the electricity company ever read what they are sending out!? :angry:

I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose. I bet some people would just pay it without question. The energy companies are crooks. Plain and simple. One of the reasons you see people outside St Paul's.

Private sector companies are no more crooks than councils. They take thousands of pounds a year off me to empty my bin and to pay for their staff pensions and bloody traffic lights.... I have no option but to pay that money or they take me to court. I cannot get a cheaper company to empty my bin and reduce my council tax.... that is not allowed..... Councils are the biggest thieves Obs, because I can shop round private companies to get the best deal I can and if they do crap work, I have some legal comeback

The only input I get with the council is that once every 4 years I can throw out one bunch of total incompetants and replace them with another bunch of total incompetants.....

This is what worried me a little bit:

David Loveday, a shale gas expert at the Inenco energy consultancy, said the report demonstrated a "pressing need to understand the mechanism which potentially caused these earth tremors to prevent a re-occurrence".

If they don't already know the answer, they shouldn't be doing what they're doing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/green-living/exclusive-fracking-company--we-caused-50-tremors-in-blackpool--but-were-not-going-to-stop-6256397.html

The North West, including the Warrington area, is riddled with coal mines. Have you never heard of mining subsidence Lt Kije? A lot more serious than a few tremors that affected nobody. :roll: :roll:

You know that wheel you invented Ug? I think you'd better scrap it in case someone gets run over :lol: :lol:

Still believing that Gasland rubbish Lt Kije. It has been proved that the methane in the water shown in the film was caused by decomposing vegetable and animal matter in the water source, not by the fracking process which takes place many hundreds of feet below the water table. But don't let facts get in the way of a good scare story eh! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: