Sign in to follow this  
observer

Have you confidence -

I can't understand the need for postal voting,. If you can't get to your local voting station.... then you don't vote. Simple

postal voting under bliar was a crooked way for more votes to be rigged - as some of the prosecutions showed. postal voting should be scrapped as the security needed is not in place

Without postal voting I would be disenfranchised. Ships don't have polling stations. :(:(

Originally posted by asperity:

Without postal voting I would be disenfranchised. Ships don't have polling stations. :(:(

If you spend so much time on a ship.... why does it matter to you who is in charge back home anyway?? :D

BazJ it matters to me so much because even though I'm not at home I still have to pay FULL Income and Council tax and am therefore entitled to have my say about who is going to spend that money and how. Satisfied?? :roll::roll::roll:

I have postal voted twice now, it suits my lifestyle. theres nothing wrong with the system, theres problems with the councilors rigging it.

one simple rule is if one of your members is found to have rigged a vote, your entire party is disqualified.

it would be like saying waddingtons monopoly is a rubbish game because the banker always cheats... we just need to weed out the unfair players.

so top of my list for "cheating bankers" bush & blair (brown by proxy)

Not that I've any time for the EU: but their reps have said our system is open to abuse, and it doesn't require a genius to abuse it - so, as with most things nowadays, a systemic failiure! :(

Guess it depends on how they define "profitable" Peter, great capitalist as I am, sometimes decisions shouldn't always be about short term profits or in some cases profit at all. I guess the old saying comes to mind, that there are "those who know the cost of everything but the value of nothing". :wink:

No.

I "may" sound very undemocratic but so many people dont vote, dont know who to vote for, vote for the best looking, vote for who thier family have always voted for, also so many people dont understand what each parties values are, even the basics, I know we can't all be political experts but......

Realise I may have just shown my true colours there, am lovely really, pormise, and mean no one any harm :o:roll:

[ 29.01.2008, 12:36: Message edited by: Tilly ]

We need a system to prove that 'one' person has voted, to ensure that he does not come back again chop his head off.

On a more serious note a greater problem is finding someone honest to vote for. I dont know of any yet.

BazJ what's up? Cat got your tongue or are you too embarassed to answer my last post? (I've been away on "a ship" again so have only just caught up with the state of this thread). :roll::roll:

Think the huge majority of folk, vote for a Party NOT an individual; thus you finish up with part hacks trying to climb the career ladder. :wink: