Organ Donation?

observer

I can think of nothing more horrific than having some else's spare parts inside me.

Cleo, if you were younger, say in your teens or 20's etc and you had a condition which meant you would definately die within in the next year or so without a transplant would you still have the same view as you do now and not want a donation (if it was possible) to hopefully save your life ?

There is a big difference. One thing about eating meat, it doesnt stay in your body. it comes out again at the other end. And, anyway, that is why we have canine teeth (rip teeth) and molars (grinding teeth) to tear at the meat then chew it. :wink: So, all in all, eating meat is natural. No, I don't eat from the pig.

Dizzy, lovey, it's a long time since I was in my teens and I never even gave a thought to organ donation at that time. Actuall I don't think organ donation was thought of at that time.

But probably I would think about it. Who knows? One thing I do know is that peoples thoughts, ideas, outlook can and do change as they age. So really I cant say what I would do if I was a teenager and inexperienced in life.

I thought you might say that.

Being younger and being actually faced with the possibility of not getting any older or 'experienced' in life like we all have must be pretty damn scarey to say the least. Good job there are some people signed up to donate to give them a chance eh?

One thing that puzzles me is that if an older person has signed to be a donor would their parts be given to a much younger person as although it could prolong their life surely an older body part only has a limited life no matter who's body it is in.

• 7 years later...