Organ Donation?

observer

Does seem a bit daft that most of us (yourself included Cleo) are happy to have bits removed and incinerated while we are alive providing they are diseased etc but are a bit twitchy about making the decision to allow them to be removed to possibly help others after our time is up and when the bodily parts are of no use to us whatsoever.

Diseased parts are no use to anyone so maybe it's the psycological worry of tempting fate by agreeing to say our good parts are up for grabs one day however or whenever we may go.

Ok. Someone who opted out dies from some disease or other, would you want one of his organs transplanted into you anyway, even if you desperately needed it? Would you want the lungs from a heavy smoker? would you want the liver of an alcoholic? Would you want a kidney from a drug addict? So on and so forth. I think not. Its all acadmeic in the end.

Does seem a bit daft that most of us (yourself included Cleo) are happy to have bits removed and incinerated while we are alive providing they are diseased etc but are a bit twitchy about making the decision to allow them to be removed to possibly help others after our time is up and when the bodily parts are of no use to us whatsoever.

Diseased parts are no use to anyone so maybe it's the psycological worry of tempting fate by agreeing to say our good parts are up for grabs one day however or whenever we may go.

Think about it a bit more Dizzy, lovey, Two different aspects. And I am not twitchy, I can assure you, I just will not agree to it. Period.

And observer, dont bother to say it. I've already said elsewhere in this thread, I dont want anyone elses internals inside me and would rather die anyway because I have no fear of death.

Yep, I'm a signed up organ doner! :D

That doesn't answer my question Obs :wink: :wink: :wink:

I carry an organ donor card, and as far as I'm concerned what happens to any bits of me that are any good when I die are no concern of mine. However I'm not going to set conditions about who should be a recipient. For example, say I got run over by a bus tomorrow, should a 3 year old child who needs a liver transplant be denied because he/she hasn't "opted in"? Get over yourself Obs and become a human being. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: