North Wales

Stallard12

My sister speaks Welsh (or Welch as Kije puts it!!) she studied in Cardiff in the 70's and learned the language when virtually nobody spoke it as part of her thesis..... maybe she should have jumped on the EU money giving bandwagon when they started to fund the almost dead language out of our money

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the Welch regiment for almost two years. The people were no different to the south Lancs. The only occasion in all that time when they deliberately spoke in Welsh was when a particular sergeant major committed an anti welsh attack, and then it was just done t annoy him, without any real malice.

Would think that people speaking the Welsh language in local shops is merely pride in their own language.

Happy days

Your photo's give me goosebumps and they are stunning PJ.

Do you have any from the Llyn Peninsla area around Pwhelli, Llanbedrog, Abersoch, or nearby ?

I may have one or two Dizzy, I'll have a look. I usually intend to get that far round but get sidetracked.

And many thanks

Here's a view from the shore near to Aberffraw on the west side of Anglesey. In the distance is St. Cwfans church, known as "the church in the sea" as it is only accessible by boat except at low tide.

TheChurshinthesea1of1.jpg

p.s. what happened to the chap who started this? did I bore him to death :wink: