Cat flap -

observer

Have to agree with you too Cleo......

Kije will be rolling on the floor about now; aghast that people could possibly want to deport some poor mudering asylum seeker when they have children and cats over here to look after.... :wink:

Nothing wrong with him going to jail over here

Agreed.... then when he finishes his sentence, he gets kicked out.

his child that he had over here has the right to a family

Maybe so.... but what about the father of the child he murdered with his car? Or the child itself? where are their rights to a family life? Where is the fathers right to justice?.... but of course; you are a toga wearing liberal where the rights are all meant for the criminals and murderers....

Murders go to jail over here Baz

As if you need to tell me that!!.... unfortunately they don't go long enough Kije, because over the years, justice has been eroded by people with attitudes like yours

it was also a fact that it was not a casual relationship, they were married over 2 years

So? My aunty emigrated with my Uncle.... she didn't want to go, but things dictated otherwise and she went with her husband..... she can go to

I am not against deportation.

When WOULD you deport someone Kije? If you wont deport an asylum seeker who has murdered a young child with a car he shouldn't be driving (so not even a legal resident of this country) because they have some convenient marriage and fatherhood that he shouldn't even be here to create......

How do you know the marriage was convient Baz, or are you making it up. Show me your proof, or are as I expect just making it up to suit your blinkered vision.

He went to jail served his time, You could argue it was not long enough, but the sentence had nothing to do with him being an immigrant and all to do with dangerous driving offences not having along enough sentences. Would it have been OK if a British Citizen had run the child over would you have been making as much fuss, or is it as I suspect you have a big problem with skin colour and with people who are muslim :!: :!: :!:

How do you know the marriage was convient Baz, or are you making it up. Show me your proof, or are as I expect just making it up to suit your blinkered vision.

He went to jail served his time, You could argue it was not long enough, but the sentence had nothing to do with him being an immigrant and all to do with dangerous driving offences not having along enough sentences. Would it have been OK if a British Citizen had run the child over would you have been making as much fuss, or is it as I suspect you have a big problem with skin colour and with people who are muslim :!: :!: :!:

First off.... I never said it was a marriage of convenience anywhere in anything I have written..... maybe you get that impression from the events of the story and to be honest; now that you mention it....

As for serving his time???? Don't make me bloody laugh Kije. The man was an illegal immigrant driving a car which he shouldn't have been driving and killed a young girl..........I don't know how you have the gaul to say he served his time....

And arre you saying that we can't have British citizens who are Muslims? Because that is what you have written as I think you are now so desperate to win the argument that he should stay and that he isn't a vile child-murdering scumbag; that you have resorted to calling me a racist now....

You see Obs was right....whenever you and your types are threatened by facts and logic; you throw in the race card!

And for the record, I have no issues with Muslims....except the ones who don't want to live by the rules of whichever country they live in....just as I have no sympathy with white British people who go to the likes of Dubai and get caught boozing or stupid white Americans who think it would be a good idea to go hiking in Iran....

and finally...

You could argue it was not long enough

I would, you probably wouldn't as it would probably infringe his Huuman rites to be locked up away from his family at a time when he is illegally trying to make a new life for himself....awww diddums!...... One solution, be he an immigrant or a white English person for a crime of such proportions: a short rope and a trapdoor..... simples!

what is the longest sentence you can get for dangerous driving?

"In the crown court, the maximum penalty for dangerous driving is 2 years imprisonment, an unlimited fine and a minimum obligatory driving ban of 1 year. Before a full driving licence can be re-instated, the defendant will have to take an extended driving test.

If the case is heard in the Magistrates Court, the maximum penalty for dangerous driving is 6 months imprisonment, a maximum fine of £5000 and a driving disqualification"

"The maximum sentence for this offence was increased in 2003 from 10 to 14 years. A driving ban of two years is also mandatory, with a mandatory retake of the driving test to regain the licence.

Momentary very bad driving resulting in death usually results in a shorter prison sentence, of less than 2 years. Longer sentences, of between 2 and 5 years, are given where the driving was considerably worse. Sentences of over 5 years are only usually handed out for driving which is extremely or blatantly dangerous."

There is also now an offence "death by careless driving" which doesn't usually warrant a prison sentence.......

What Baz said.... ie 2 years in prison for dangerous driving although that is the max not standard.

There are however different catgeories of 'dangerous' driving which can a higher or lesser max term.

See here DIRECTGOV Website

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_069870

Hasn't Baz already answered the question about when the law was changed in his last post :unsure:

What is this topic about as they all seem to be about driving at the moment so I'm getting lost and no longer know which direction I have come from or are am going

That is fine, but if I was in an accident and left paralysed by the dangerous driving of some chav in a saxo, I would want him in jail for 20 years not a MAXIMUM of five (which means a sentence of three, out after 18 months less time off spent on remand.....