What is this bottle?

Geoffrey Settle

Is there a prize for whoever gets it right Geoff ? :lol:

Never one to want to miss out on a quizz or chance of a prize.....

I'd say Cleo is along the right lines ie: it's a bottle.

But my addition to that is that maybe a shops own brand isotonic or fizzy drink and it is clearly made of plastic. Have you been into the local shops within drinking/walking distance of the ofending item and looked for a match ?

The top appears to have what looks like a small tube which again could be part of the 'drinking' mechanism and from your picture it does not appear to have been modified.

The cap has clearly been removed as has the label (standard practice for kids these days as they drink their drinks). I think it's some sort of nervous or bored trait which makes them do that.

OR of course it 'could' be something more sinister and if it is I'm sure you will tell us tomorrow... if however it's does turn out to be just a pop bottle then maybe you wont :P:lol:

I'd say the carrier bag looks to be from 'Top Shop' though. Ahhhh maybe the bottle is from a shop in town.. maybe a pound shop. Try there :wink:

Did I win :D

Correct about the carrier bag - I was using that to collect litter and used it as background.

The thing that puzzled me was the top with the small tube - it looks like those in a spray - but why on a clear bottle - at first I thought it might be a babies bottle but wht do you do spray the milk from a distance when they are crying?

Well I'm still trying to get over the comment Fugs made :unsure::lol::lol:

Geoff I do see what you mean about the 'straw' but some of these sporty drinks have weird ways of drinking.

Maybe if you find another or still have that one you could upload a closer picture of the actual bit you are concerned about.

Did to take the top off and smell to see if you could determine what had been inside it ? Did it smell of orange/blackcurrant or chemicals for example?

Was there a bit of liquid still in it as usually happens when you drink from a bottle or had it evaported due to the sunny weather ?

Was there any sign of a label which may have been on it as you or someone else may have picked that up too.

Gosh what a dilema you have eh :wink::lol:

I don't think either of those are right as it's ergonomically shaped like a drinks bottle.

Could be for little kids I suppose which is why it has a straw like bit may have been attached to the 'sucky drinky' bit that is missing ? But NO as if it was a special type of toddler bottle they wouldn;t have thrown them away.

I still think it's a shops own brand drink though with a fancy top (now missing) to make it look good.

Maybe Geoff needs to give us all some more info. :D

So I'd like to know....

1) Exactly where the two bottles were found ie location ?

2) Was number 2 found in close proximity to number 1 or further afield ?

3) Was number 2 identical in colour to number 1 and did number 2 also have it's top bit missing ?

4) Are there any shops / schools / sports centres near to either of the locations where the offending items were found ?

5) Who usually frequent's the location(s) you found them in Geoff.. ie dog walkers, runners, younger kids, teenage kids, mums and tots, employees on dinner breaks or are you only aware of the litter pickers ?

At this rate I'll able get a well paid job in the council for showing my proven ability to ask endless stupid questions relating to pointless things rather than actually doing something constructive :lol: How am I doing ? :wink:

Very inquisitive my dear DIZZY - B) Holmes - found on the footy pitch of Enfield Park - 2 found so far - no labels - I put it in the near by bin so it might be there tomorrow morning - I need to return to check out a complaint about the play area surface so I could get it and post it on to you for forensics :wink:

Very inquisitive my dear DIZZY - B) Holmes - found on the footy pitch of Enfield Park - 2 found so far - no labels - I put it in the near by bin so it might be there tomorrow morning - I need to return to check out a complaint about the play area surface so I could get it and post it on to you for forensics :wink:

Well you started the topic and asked the original question not me Geoff so only trying to help :lol::wink:

Feel free to post it to me if you want to and I am sure given a little time I and/or others will be able to solve the mystery. Failing that I will just pop it in my blue bin or one that I pass on my travels. Maybe the latter so as not to identify myself as you never know who is lurking near bins and monitoring the rubbish in them these days. B)

Night Geoff... andonly kidding 'as usual'

PS Peter .. my time is completely FREE and cost's you nothing other than a bad head and nightmares :wink::lol: