2 Bob Tuesday

Eagle

So a fiver to get in and then drinks at 10p and 20p.

What offers are on at the other drinking establishments in the area.

Happy hour advertised at a pub near us 4.30 til 6.30 all drinks half price.

Doubles bars buy one get one free.

Pitchers of mixed drinks for £3.00.

£15.00 entrance fee and all drinks free.

and that is just a guess based on posters seen when around town.

This was also reported on Warrington Worldwide new page 3 days ago although not as graphically as the Daily Mail has done.

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/11585/1/Club-defends-20p-drinks-promotion/Page1.html

I agree... close it down or put the blocks on what they and other similar establishments in Warringon are doing !!

Like Evils has already said it is not just Showbar who are doing it and as such that is why they 'say' they need to do it to compete with the others. Stop them all then !! Simples

Some sickening and worrying photos on that Mail's report and even worse they are targeting the young or as they put it STUDENTS !! The youngsters/students clearly don't mind though and they probably think it's great and apparently word was spreading like wildfire throughout the colleges and other places earlier in the week even before it was mentioned on here.

As these establishments are licences premises, and the council issue these licences etc (not to mention that the police have to 'police' the areas and deal with these drunken booze filled youths) is it right that they are allowed to do this espcially given the councils latest views on low priced alcohol etc.

Could the counil change or revoke their licences to stop it or is there no control over the low give away prices bars like these charge ?

I'm dreading next year when my son is 18 :unsure:

No mention of the council in that Mail article, don't know how on earth this ever got licensed. Competing with other bars is no excuse, there shouldn't be any competition at this price level.

The managers at my local keep an orderly house but are strictly controlled over what drink promotions they can offer.

How anyone can't see that this is asking for trouble is beyond me.

Bars open until 4am pay a lot more in business rates than a bar that is shut down.... hence the reason why they won't object to the license......

Interesting to note that there are no councillor comments on this story yet..... A bit of a disgrace that something that so publically shames the town and makes us all a complete laughing stock to the rest of the country is neither defended or attacked by the very people who allow it to happen....

Maybe they are all too interested in picking up litter or counting butterflies than to worry about proper problems :evil:

sorry Eagle... I was just pointing out that the issue of the 10p drinks etc had been reported on here on the news page and drawn to our attention ealier that's all.

Seems it has now been drawn to everone's attention far and wide though and Warrington once again appears to look like the place NOT to be unless you are a drunken idiot :angry:

Ok so this should probably be posted in poets corner but considering the topic I thought this was a more appropriate place to dump it. Sorry, post it.

There was a young student called Glynn

They say drank a bottle of gin

He then had some schnapps

One sleep and two naps

And his snores made a hell’uva din

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On looking back on this night I can not see what the all reporting was all about every one was well behaved and no one was too drunk the gutter press had a bad night as they had nothing bad to report. In my eyes the teenagers who was out this night could show us older ones a thing or too on how to act on drinking, one poor girl sat down eating a pizza when she was surrounded by the press snapping way thinking she had to sit down as she was drunk it was nice to see her tell them where to go and the police telling the gutter press to move. Where was our own town press helping these teenagers by reporting the truth on how the night was going NOT ONE COME FORWARD. You seen in the press one young man being lead away by two officer but they did not report he was given a section 27 for being to lively and sent on his way . As you may not know I was working this night and as you may not know I am linked up to the night net and police radio and can see and hear all that’s going on in town as well as being on the spot which the press are not so all I would like to say is well done to the all the teenagers on this night. you could show the others on Friday and Saturday night on how to act and they are not running cheep drinks on theses nights ,

You should take your camera this week Tara_dad and show us the 'truth'. :wink:

I'd go myself but Warrington town centre scares me at night.... unless you want to take me as a non paying passenger of course :wink::lol:

OR a load of us could all go down and have a cheap night there out ourselves and report back if we can remember what it was like or have not got ourselves arrested.

Anyone up for that as I know Bill was asking for a posters meet-up the other week and I don;t think they have an age limit :lol:

What time does it open then? We could always go early doors and scare the youngsters off as they start to arrive :lol: You could be tucked up by 10.30 or you may just find your second wind and show them how it's really done.

I've heard all about you 'sailor' types and how you like your shorts :lol::P

Yeah wicked idea eh but no way am I drinking guinness... mine will have to be a snowball or a sherry and a packet of plain crisps shared on the table :lol::wink:

I will of course have a large hip flask of cider for when I go to the ladies :lol: